- Title: Chemical Plant R&D Technician
- Code: RCI-10547
- Location: Wyandotte Michigan (MI) 48192
- Posted Date: 09/15/2020
- Duration: 4 Months
- Name:Mittal Mandavia
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 245
The Chemical Plant R&D Technician will provide testing of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products, in a safe manner, for the client Corp within the scope of the ISO 9001 procedures for Chemometric models on NIR instruments and standardize solutions according to documented procedures and complete required records.
- Experience supporting method development projects using HPLC Chromatography, NIR Spectroscopy, and automated titration equipment.
- Prepare standards and solutions needed to maintain calibration of instruments.
- Assist analytical chemists with analysis of samples and method development as needed.
- Ability to prioritizing and managing sample testing for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage the accumulation labeling, inspection and storage of hazardous waste generated in the Laboratory.
- Performs variety of chemical and physical laboratory tests, both standard and non-standard in nature, to obtain information necessary for the development NIR calibrations.
- Works independently and with team members supporting development projects and other tasks as assigned, reporting atypical sample or equipment behaviour to supervisor.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs as a part of routine work in the lab.
- Participate in laboratory housekeeping, safety inspections, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Additional duties which a R&D Technician may carry out include routine chemical reactions or bench-scale tests of plant processes; sample collection in the plant; environmental monitoring; or plant analytical instrumentation
- Assist with lab supply management including restocking lab supplies
- Utilizing analytical equipment and data collection software programs.
- Analyze, interpret SPC charts
- Enter in-process data in LIMS.
- Evaluating raw material COAs versus approved specifications to authorize material into plant using SAP.
- Assist with writing or revising work instructions.
- Optimize existing procedures
- Manage archival of Quality Documents
- Trainer for testing, data entry and processing paperwork.
- Participate and make recommendations in safety meetings.
- Maintaining housekeeping.
- Preparation / labeling of samples for shipment.
- Ensure compliance with all assigned training.
- Perform assigned duties as outlined by supervisor, management or designee.
- High School Diploma/GED with 10 years’ experience in a lab environment or Associates degree in Sciences or 2 year Technical degree in Analytical Testing with 3 years’ experience in a lab environment
- 5+ years’ experience working in a R&D lab environment supporting manufacturing demonstrating skills outlined in principle responsibilities section, preferable in positions of increasing responsibility.