- Title: Production - Microbiologist
- Code: RCI-32933-1
- Location: East Syracuse New York (NY) 13057
- Posted Date: 09/15/2020
- Duration: 6 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Vishal Trivedi
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 435
- The Aseptic Quality Operations group supports the onsite small scale commercial manufacturing facility.
- The QC Microbiology Laboratory Technician conducts routine sampling and testing of cleanrooms environments, water, air and pure steam systems.
- The QC Microbiology Laboratory technician performs field and lab analysis of environmental and utility samples and identification of microorganisms according to defined procedures.
- Perform laboratory analysis of samples, using aseptic technique, following established procedures and in full compliance with official compendia, health authority regulations, and established Client policies.
- Conduct qualification of methods and/or other laboratory studies, according to scientific protocols.
- Maintains accurate records of work performed and documents results, according to good documentation practices and established procedures as well as perform data entry into LIMS.
- Assist with review of worksheets, as assigned.
- Assists in the investigation of OOS results in areas of assigned responsibility.
- Operates and maintains instruments, while ensuring the reliability of instrumentation through proper maintenance, with ability to troubleshoot minor issues.
- Must analyze, evaluate, and interpret data, notifying clients of results, and assisting to resolve issues, if applicable. Identify opportunities for workflow and procedural improvements.
- Promotes quality, safety and health, by ensuring clean work area, and adherence to procedures and safety culture.
- Must participate in continuous improvement using lean principles to assist with streamlining and making the laboratory efficient.
- Work schedule includes weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, environmental monitoring, and microbiological Quality Control testing and procedures preferred.
- Has excellent manual dexterity and aseptic technique.
- Has ability to complete sampling or testing assignments in a timely and compliant manner, with minimal supervision.
- Perform limited interpretation of data.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and complete assignments in a timely and compliant manner, with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and compendia testing preferred.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- BS degree in Biological Sciences or related field with 0-3 years of QC microbiology laboratory experience preferred