- Title: Associate Scientist
- Code: RCI-09455
- Location: North Chicago Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 09/16/2020
- Duration: 12 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Job Title: Associate Scientist or Scientist, Protein Biochemistry
- Client is seeking a highly motivated scientist to join the protein biochemistry group.
- This growing team’s core responsibility is to expression, purify and characterize challenging proteins in support of crystallography, fragment discovery and high throughput biochemical screening.
- The applicant must have strong hands on laboratory skills in protein purification and characterization for a diverse set of protein classes.
- Experience with protein characterization techniques such as thermal stability, SDS-PAGE analysis, Western blotting, chromatography and ITC is preferred.
- Strong experimental design and troubleshooting skills are also required. Additional experience in molecular biology and/or cell culture would be considered beneficial.
- The applicant must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as be able to effectively work as part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Careful documentation of experimental practices and results will be required.
- This position will support small molecule drug development within discovery organization.
- We look forward to welcoming a new team member to help us prosecute novel and challenging protein targets.
- BS or MS in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or related field
- Excellent protein purification and characterization skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of biophysical protein methods
- Molecular biology or cell culture experience
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Build strong relationships with peers and across groups to enable higher performance
- Agilely adapt to new targets and methods
- Be a strong team member and better the group as a whole