- Title: Chemist
- Code: RCI-09434
- Location: North Chicago Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 09/16/2020
- Duration: 12 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
- BS with 2-5 yrs. lab experience or MS in chemistry or life sciences.
- Solid use of wet lab techniques such as in vitro enzyme incubations, cell culture, and micropipetting.
- Solid documentation skills and ability to present findings to larger groups are valuable.
- Experience with LC-MS, particularly for structural identification, and familiarity with Thermo Orbitrap mass spectrometers are a plus, but not required.
- The candidate for this Chemist position will be working in the Biotransformation group of Bioanalysis and Biotransformation department.
- This position will be focused on preparing biological samples and performing LCMS assays to characterize biotransformation of small molecule drugs.
- The individual will be expected to have solid experience in wet lab work including enzyme incubations, in vivo sample handling, and organic extractions.
- LCMS experience is a plus.
- This individual must independently generate accurate, reliable, and reproducible data in a timely manner and demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- The individual must be highly motivated and possess a fundamental understanding of good laboratory practices with the ability to quickly learn and apply various analytical techniques such as chromatography, mass spectrometry, and wet chemical techniques.
- Impact projects predominantly through lab activities.
- Learn and understand new experimental techniques with a curiosity to apply them for unique project / assignment requirements.
- Analyze and critique results, noting significant deviations from the expected results.
- Plan and perform routine tasks competently and independently within a timely fashion, and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Perform biological incubations of drug molecules, purification of biological samples, optimization of LCMS methods, and analysis of LCMS data.
- Document experimental activities and results using an electronic data acquisition and management systems.
- Troubleshoot experiments and instrumentation.
- Demonstrate skill in multiple techniques and appropriately modify protocols, as required, to suit the changing needs of research or development sciences.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
NOTES FROM INTAKE CALL:
1) What hours and days will this person be working? – M-F, 40 hours/week.
2) What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
a. Required Skill 1: Sample preparation in an analytical chemistry setting
b. Required Skill 2: Basic cell culture
c. Required Skill 3: Reagent preparation/dilutions
d. Required Skill 4: HPLC
- Required Skill 5: MS
3) What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required? BS with 2-5 yrs. lab experience or MS in chemistry or life sciences
4) What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification? – Experience in mass spectrometric structural identification or metabolite ID, safety protocols regarding controlled drug and radioactive compounds, in vivo sample handling, or working with ThermoScientific Orbitrap mass spectrometers.
5) What is the environment that this person will be working in (i.e. group setting vs individual role)? – The candidate will be expected to coordinate among a group to manage shared resources, but the majority of the work will be on an individual basis.
6) Is any testing required for this role? – No testing required.
7) Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? If remote opportunity exists, what are the options (i.e. 1 day remote, 4 days on-site)? – This is an on-site position.