- Title: IT Analyst
- Code: RCI-06245
- Location: Liverpool New York (NY) 13088
- Posted Date: 09/17/2020
- Duration: 3 Months
- Name:Nirav Soni
- Email: Nirav.email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 239
About the Position:
The IT Analyst operates as part of a team performing proactive monitoring and support of 24 x 7 critical network, server and operating system infrastructures. Under the general supervision of the Manager of CNI Monitoring Operations, the IT Analyst will be responsible for identifying and responding to system generated alerts in a timely manner to ensure system integrity.
Position responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Monitor the systems and network by responding to problems reported by system alarms, changes in network performance indicators or calls from clients.
- Analyze all relevant data pertinent to problems and initiate corrective action.
- Perform network systems control, surveillance, alarm interpretation, problem identification and resolution.
- Act as a liaison between internal clients and external service providers.
- Control, monitor and direct all activities on the network including preventative maintenance, trouble shooting, and restoration of services.
- Monitor EMS & GMS, respond to events and initiate resolution activities including contacting support personnel and coordinating contact between internal support groups and vendors.
- Respond to system exceptions and internal customer requests.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Associate degree or 2-4 years’ experience in telecommunications or 5+ years in Data Center Operations or 2+ years in CNI (at least 1 of these required).
- Technical education including courses in; electronics, telecommunications, networking (WANS & LANS), Ethernet, SONET multiplex equipment, microwave radio, multiplex channel equipment, routers, bridges, hubs, etc. with job related experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience in supporting mission critical systems in a high-profile environment (CNI preferred) with knowledge of system technologies, monitoring tools and processes present in a 24 x 7 365 support environment.
- Strong background in telecommunications, Operations and Enterprise monitoring systems.
- Experience with SCADA systems and/or Security System monitoring.
- Strong basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated experience in analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making.
- Strong working knowledge of Wintel, UNIX or Linux desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work non-traditional work hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
This position is located in Liverpool, NY.