- Title: Residential Customer Advocates
- Code: RCI-12838-1
- Location: Hicksville New York (NY) 11801
- Posted Date: 09/29/2020
- Duration: 7 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Namy Bhatt
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 207
- RCA position is created to improve the JD Power residential scores by making personal contacts, providing customers with a person to answer questions and guide them on all the capabilities and offerings available from Long Island.
- Members will receive training on rates, billing, payment, informational services and energy efficiency.
They receive training on how to engage customers, analyze their home’s energy performance, assess needs and make informed recommendations.
- The RCAs will obtain current customer information and customize solutions to customer needs as possible within the Long Island program offerings.
Visiting customers allows customers an opportunity to ask questions and surface any issues they may be experiencing.
The success of this position will reflect in JD Power Residential scores.
- RCA’s will offer customers an onsite home energy audit offered by Long Island.
- Conduct residential field visits per week to discuss Long Island programs and offerings and surface any customer issues.
- Make personal contact with the account owner(s) during the visit.
- Encourage and assist customers with enrollment in: communication initiatives, enrollment in programs and offerings
- Review energy efficiency measures and distributed energy solutions with customers.
- Utilize digital applications throughout this process.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills and be able to follow up on all outstanding issues in a timely manner both with internal departments and customers
- Self-motivated and able to perform field visits per week
- Required education, skills and competencies
- Document each visit as required on a weekly basis.
- Conduct onsite energy audits and explain recommendations to customers
- Understand energy use and how it impacts customer bills
- Facilitate the resolution of any outstanding issues involving a residential customer working with other departments: service, meter, balanced billing, billing questions, etc.
- Applicants must be able to accommodate customer visits off hours and possibly on weekends
- 5+ years professional experience in a customer centric position
- Must be able to comprehend mapping and have ability to drive to locations
- Applicants must have a valid driving license with a good driving record
PREFERRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Results Oriented
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must also have a sense of teamwork and initiative
- Bilingual skills helpful(Spanish)