- Title: Scientific Associate
- Code: RCI-11466021
- Location: Cambridge Massachusetts (MA) 02139
- Posted Date: 10/15/2020
- Duration: 5 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Vishal Trivedi
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 435
- Work independently in supporting senior group scientists on their projects as well as novel delivery technologies projects (time split between the two activities).
- Design, plan, and perform experiments in order to test hypotheses and advance understanding of fundamental scientific principles.
- Interpret and report results.
- In detail, perform basic physchem characterization of new molecular entities, such as use of analytical techniques to confirm physical form, measurement of solubility and evaluation of chemical and physical stability.
- Develop formulations to support in vivo studies.
- Perform feasibility studies to assess novel delivery technologies for various internal projects.
- Carry out basic laboratory housekeeping activities such as preparation of buffers and mobile phases.
- With minimal oversight from lead project scientist, design and perform scientific experiments.
- Interpret results, evaluate data, draw relevant conclusions and write reports.
- Report and present results internally.
- Utilize complex laboratory tools and equipment.
- Maintain infrastructure, equipment and required investments.
- Proactively communicate key issues and any other critical topics in a timely manner to the appropriate management level and/or to any other relevant project team members.
- Work according to appropriate SOP’s, HSE and company’s guidelines.
- Knowledge of laboratory and technical tools, such as thermal techniques, X-Ray powder diffraction and particle size analysis required.
- Proficient in utilization of special tools and equipment, lab automation tools and specialized facilities e.g., containment and sterile labs, and analytical tools such as LC-MS, etc.
- Good knowledge of software and computer tools.
- Very good communication skills. Good presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills.
- Experience with making nano and micro particle formulations desired
- Minimum: BS with additional 1-3 years of laboratory experience.
- Desired: MS or PhD focused in pharmaceutical sciences/drug delivery
- Proficient in English (oral and written)