- Title: Instructional Designer
- Code: RCI-09653
- Location: North Chicago Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 10/16/2020
- Duration: 12 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Job Title: Instructional Designer
we need a senior ID who can work independently. With little direction, deliver high-quality learning experiences. Must be proficient in Articulate suite and Microsoft Office. Plus if they have experience in Piktochart, Adobe suite, Vyond, Qstream, Smartsheet, or The Game Agency.
Need some candidates with strong e-learning development backgrounds. We are really looking for someone who can hit the ground running
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the needs of the organization; Design effective intervention strategies that improve individual and organizational performance
- Establish standards for training and performance assessment. Conduct education needs assessment
- Develop curriculam
- Consult and apply advanced instructional design
- Plan and design education/training material
- Train instructors
- Evaluate all aspects of entity training
- Assess impact of training on job performance
- Facilitate team interventions
- Participate in internal audits
- Introduces new training ideas into the organization, adapts new ideas and converts them into approaches that meet training/regulatory challenges.
- Leads projects, identifies scope and outcomes, motivates participants and leads project to conclusion.
- May oversee other instructors and their work.
- Works with supervisors/managers to develop plans, timetables and contingencies for performance improvement intervention.
- Participates in benchmarking and evaluates training effectiveness.
- Establishes measurement and evaluation designs and develops assessment instruments. Possible light management, team lead.
- BA/BS required.
- Experience: 5 plus years of training/instructional design or related experience preferably in healthcare or other regulated field.
- Key Competencies Required: Excellent project management capabilities, strong communication skills, strong conceptual abilities, and strong team orientation.
1) What hours and days will this person be working? 8-4 or 9-5
2) What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have? 1. Proficiency in Course Development Software, specifically Articulate suite. Note: Experience in Articulate suite, Piktochart, Adobe suite, Vyond, Qstream, Smartsheet, and/or The Game Agency – a plus 2. Design/Development of High-Quality Learning Experiences 3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office 4. Establishes measurement and evaluation designs and develops assessment instruments 5. Analysis (Needs Assessments, Root Cause Analysis)
a. Required Skill 1: Proficiency in Course Development Software, particularly Articulate Suite and Microsoft Office
b. Required Skill 2: Design/Development of High-Quality Learning Experiences
c. Required Skill 3: Analysis of Training Requests (Needs Assessments, Root Cause Analysis)
d. Required Skill 4: Proficiency in Microsoft Office
e. Required Skill 5: Establishes measurement and evaluation designs and develops assessment instruments
3) What years of experience is required? 5 plus years of training/instructional design or related experience preferably in healthcare or other regulated field.
4) What level of education and/or certification is required? BA/BS required
5) What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification? Experience in Articulate suite, Piktochart, Adobe suite, Vyond, Qstream, Smartsheet, and/or The Game Agency – a plus, but not required; leading project teams, course facilitation
6) What is the environment that this person will be working in (i.e. group setting vs individual role)? Individual role
7) Is any testing required for this role? No
8) Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? If remote opportunity exists, what are the options (i.e. 1 day remote, 4 days on-site)? On-site role (our team is still working remotely due to COVID, so this person would be working remotely until further notice)
9) Other notable details about the environment from the hiring manager about this role
10) What positions/background experience do you feel are successful in this role Experience designing/developing learning solutions within the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry, Curriculum Development in Industry and/or Education environment, Performance Consulting and/or improvement