- Title: Bench Scientist II
- Code: RCI-19767-1
- Location: Chesterfield Missouri (MO) 63017
- Posted Date: 10/16/2020
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Ankit Shah
- Email: Ankit.Shah@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 210
Cell Line Development (CLD) organization is seeking a motivated, qualified candidate to be a technical leader, in a lab-based Scientist role. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to perform platform cell line development activities, which advance Gene Medicines pipeline toward clinical and commercial development. The position will be involved in the advancement of the mammalian protein expression portfolio as well as novel technology development and process optimization programs.
This role will involve all molecular and cell biology aspects of cell line development from vector design/construction, cell culture maintenance, clone screening, flow cytometry, and cell line characterization. The successful candidate will also help to design and drive innovative improvements to CLD technologies, practices and infrastructure to ensure successful delivery of the project portfolio and continuous technology improvements. In addition, experience with systems biology, synthetic biology, bioinformatics, and/or automation technologies is desired
• Be a key member of the CLD team that will support the execution of both technology development and pipeline projects.
• Demonstrate outstanding communication and presentation skills, a documented ability to troubleshoot technical issues, an ability to plan and carry out experiments independently, and to work with complex instrumentation and software.
• Effectively document all lab activities in notebooks/ elsewhere as required and appropriate, in a timely fashion.
• Represent CLD to the scientific community through delivery of high-quality presentations at external venues and publication of work in peer-reviewed journals.
• Evaluate data and provide clear reports that can be shared and transferred to and from cross-functional teams; responsible for clear communication in written & oral forms.
• Adherence to safety protocols and knowledge of basic laboratory procedures to advance projects under rapidly shifting priorities and timelines.
• Work closely with groups outside of the CLD organization to advance portfolio and technology development initiatives.
• Work with and contribute to associated regulatory filing activities.
• Support laboratory activities by monitoring lab equipment and maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- really need someone that can hit the ground running + experienced
- #1 Mandatory Skills: Mammalian Cell Culture Experience
- Huge Plus: Molecular biology
- candidates must have that experience in tissue/cell culture and familiar with aseptic techniques
- TOP Mandatory Skills: Mammalian Cell Culture Experience
- PhD with 5 or less years exp
- Masters with 5-10 yrs exp
- Bachelors with 10+ yrs exp
*really needs someone that can hit the ground running with no training*