- Title: Legal Secretary
- Code: RCI-1151-1
- Location: Brea California (CA) 92821
- Posted Date: 10/20/2020
- Duration: 2 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Steve Macwan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖
This position is currently a remote work position.
- We are a staff counsel for an insurance company in need of a legal litigation assistant to provide full litigation support on a temporary basis. The position also assists in overall support of the office as needed and as assigned by supervisor (e.g. case matching, mail, CD duplication, PDF compilation, file conversion, etc.).
- Duties include responsibility for preparation, e-filing and service of pleadings and motions/oppositions, discovery, extensive scheduling and calendar activity, reviewing electronic mail, preparing correspondence, processing invoices for payment, document production, data maintenance in company systems and maintaining and operating within our electronic legal files.
- Duties also include interactions with clients, opposing counsel, claim partners, and Court personnel.
- Must be able to work independently in a remote and paperless environment
- Must be able to work with numerous County Court systems throughout the State, and resourceful in looking up Court rules
- Must be capable of data entry across multiple systems
- Must be able to create, manipulate and obtain electronic documents such as TIF, PDF and JPG formats using pdf software and online document repositories
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a defense civil legal secretary in a law office or a staff legal office for an insurance company.
- Personal injury experience required
- Trial experience is a plus
- Experience working in a paperless environment
- Experience in discovery preparation and production, maintenance of Outlook calendars, and client/claim contact