- Title: Occupational Health Nurse
- Code: RCI-09816
- Location: North Chicago Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 11/11/2020
- Duration: 5 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Title: Occupational Health Nurse
- Under the direction of the Global Occupational Health Principal Specialist, this position will be accountable for furthering the strategic mission of work related injury/illness prevention and the improvement of employee health, well-being and productivity in a global company.
- Develop and/or update occupational health documents including procedures and technical guidance in response to changing business needs and emerging issues.
- Work collaboratively with Benefits and Wellness organization to support company global well-being strategy promoting the health of employees worldwide.
- Support ongoing strategies of the Global Health Scorecard to drive improvements in health, safety and well-being
- Injury/Illness case management in collaboration with EHS, Leave’s Management and 3rd party administrator.
- Support activities required for Federal Motor Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Corporate Citizenship activities such as Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI)
- Understanding public health issues affecting various worker populations including but not limited to communicable diseases.
- Interpret and apply best practices and research based information to support medical surveillance, Total Worker Health and other global strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work cross-functionally at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills
- 8+ years of experience
- Ability to manage projects at a high level
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced organization
- Knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to occupational health services
- Strong computer skills including PowerPoint presentation development
- Knowledge in health promotion, risk reduction and preventive strategies to keep workers health and productive.
- Working knowledge in workers’ compensation case management
- In-depth knowledge of occupational health principals and practice
- Registered nurse with an current unencumbered state license
- Bachelor of Science with a focus in occupational health services or public health- strongly preferred
- At least three years in an occupational health clinic setting
- Strong knowledge of safety principles and regulations
- Knowledge base in the areas of pharmacology, physiology, and pathophysiology in order to support the development of global medical surveillance procedures for employee populations worldwide that are exposed or potentially exposed to workplace hazards.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and FMLA
- Occupational health experience working at a corporate level.
- In-depth knowledge of OSHA regulations, workers’ compensation case management, FMLA, and medical accommodation principles
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse Specialist (COHN-S)
- Occupational health expertise working in both a national and international setting
- Bilingual in Spanish