- Title: Front End Engineer
- Code: RCI-105144
- Location: South Bend Indiana (IN) 46617
- Posted Date: 11/17/2020
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Steve Macwan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖
Position initially remote but will return onsite in South Bend, IN once COVID precautions lift.
The Role: As a key contributor to the team, you will serve as a Front End Engineer to play a pivotal role in driving excellence and best practices for the Software Engineering function in company, with a specialty in providing automated solutions to support our advanced Web & API applications.
• Candidate will be working on client-facing web apps (web app functionality, bug fixing – either product features or client requests). Mid-level or greater experience needed.
• 3-5yr experience with React AND Angular
• CSS experience (including updating design/colors)
• Familiarity with ESRI GIS development SDKs (please review if I have the correct abbreviation here)
• Experience with time-series data is plus
• Manager not interested in UI or UX Designers/Architects – UI Developer may be okay but really looking for Engineer
• Participate in the development process from definition to deployment.
• Maintain and improve existing cloud-based applications, reducing costs, and streamlining efficiency.
• Engineer code that is efficient, standard, and well documented.
• Bring to the job excitement and work ethic on par for an established or startup technology firm.
• BS in Computer Science or related field.
• Proven ability to develop front end-user experiences without service-side templates
• Experience designing and deploying REST services
• Experience integrating with generic web services such as GoogleMaps, weather services, etc.
• Experience building new applications with server-side developers
• Experience collaborating on interface definitions with tools such as Swagger/OpenAPI
• Deploying to cloud services such as AWS Cloudfront or similar
• Experience with visualizing and interacting with large data sets from the client
• Experience visualizing time series data
• Experience with the Full SDLC process
• Experience with interviewing users to confirm Front End design