- Title: Program Manager
- Code: RCI-03213
- Location: Cambridge Massachusetts (MA) 02139
- Posted Date: 11/18/2020
- Duration: 24 Months
- Name:Ankit Shah
- Email: Ankit.Shah@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 210
100% remote as long as the pandemic lasts but after that the person would need to come in at least 3 days a week. There is also expected travel of 25-30%.
A leading global healthcare company engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of innovative therapeutic solutions to meet the needs of patients. R&D is currently developing innovative medicines to treat cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, rare disease, immune mediated disease, infectious disease, neurodegenerative disease, and animal health. To continue to bring new and effective medicines to patients, is committed to academic partnerships aimed at translating innovative ideas into new therapeutic solutions for patients. Towards this goal, launched iAwards initiative intended to
- Provide seed funding for early innovative, translational research ideas in line with strategic areas of interest.
- Build strong relationships with university faculty and senior leadership to share and problem solve biopharma innovation challenges
- Share knowledge to quickly translate innovative discoveries to therapeutic solutions.
In his/ her role the associate will be responsible for managing the Innovation Awards Program Initiative (iAwards); He/she will be working with academic institutions participating in the initiative as well as project and management teams of R&D units. This position reports to Scientific Program Director, Strategic Initiatives & Scientific Relaltions. This position is a 2 year term contract and is based in Cambridge, MA.
Key job responsibilities are:
The Program Manager will serve as the key point of contact and facilitate interactions between the Parties under the SiA Program.
- schedule and coordinate attendance at JSCC meetings,
- create and circulate agendas for JSSC meetings, take minutes, circulate the minutes for member review and approval, and circulate final minutes,
- facilitate calls for Funding Award proposals, circulate Detailed Proposal Forms to all JSSC members, and collect feedback received from JSSC members,
- coordinate with Institution’s technology licensing office to check proposals for third party conflicts and relevant background intellectual property
- receive proposed manuscripts and abstracts from Institution’s investigator prior to submission, coordinate reviews with proper personnel
- receive invention disclosures and result reports.
- Manage all contractual aspects of the awards including management of invoices and payments.
- Manage all contractual aspects of SRAs such as initiating discussions with the appropriate people, potential needs for CDAs, ensuring compliance with the existing and future agreements, ensuring respecting deadlines, milestones and payments etc.
- facilitate meetings and interactions between PIs and internal Research groups
Knowledge and Skills
- Position requires hands on experience in program/alliance management, project management and contract management in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Strong conflict resolution skills and scientific background are essential. The candidate should have strong leadership through influence skills, highly motivated, results driven and well organized with proven ability to lead cross-functional teams in a complex matrix environment.
- The candidate should have excellent communication (oral and written), negotiation, and proactive problem solving skills and have demonstrated ability to build strong trusting relationships with external and internal partners.
Languages: English, spoken and written
Formal Education and Experience Required
- Degree in natural sciences, pharmacy or medicine (PhD or MD is preferred)
- Minimum 5+ years experience in Healthcare Industry.
- Experience working in academic technology transfer is a Plus
- Substantial experience in Alliance Management, Legal Contract Management/Drafting combined with proven project management skills. Experience must demonstrate ability to read, understand and work with contracts.
- MBA is a Plus
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop deep understanding of the contractual framework of the iAwards program and the implications;
- Manage the contract and solve contractual questions that participants of the program may have (in all aspects);
- Ensure that the alliance is following the contractual framework which has been put in place and that all milestones and obligations are met;
- Manage the relationship. This includes relationship analysis, the ability to look at it from both sides and helping to create win-win solutions for both parties;
- Act as the liaison with various department such as Legal, BD, Patents, Finance, Commercial Alliance Management;
- Ensure clear deal understanding of the contract to the project team.
- Manage and direct program governance activites including defining governance structure and supporting joint committees
- In coordination with the (co-)JSC-chair of the collaboration, prepare and follow-up JSC meetings:
- Generate in a timely fashion the appropriate agenda;
- Ensure availability of key staff/members on both sides;
- Prepare and conduct pre-meetings and debriefing meetings as appropriate
- Execute the JSC and any sub-team meetings as appropriate;
- Write timely meeting minutes and follow up action items;
- Provide timely updates on key deliverables and KPIs to R&D management
- Present program at the R&D reviews and to Top Management as appropriate
Alert management of any upcoming issues and support their resolution including esclalationto Top Management as agreed per the governing provisions of the alliance
- Be a key liaison between Institution TLOs and teams responsible for conducting research projects
- Schedule and coordinate meetings once per quarter to:
- Review data and results generated in performance of Research
- Address administrative issues
- Identify any issues relating to Research that require resolution
- Discuss IP issues and Inventions
- Receive invention disclosures pursuant to the Funding Award
- Receive result reports pursuant to Funding or Sponsored Research Agreements
Major Challenges/ Problems
This role is a matrix leadership position at the interfaces with all R&D Therapeutic units, Therapeutic Business Divisions, Strategic Core Platforms, R&D Support Functions, , Legal, Patents and Finance. It is also the main point of contact between our partners. Furthermore it is the voice to the outside world. Therefore, excellent relationship building, communication and contractual skills, an in-depth understanding of the drug discovery and development process, as well as excellent scientific knowledge are key factors for the success of the role. Major challenges may occur by unforeseen problems with all aspects of the alliance including the relationship as such.