- Title: Service Technician
- Code: RCI-6287
- Location: Reno Nevada (NV) 89502
- Posted Date: 11/21/2020
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Namy Bhatt
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 207
The function of a Service Technician is to perform routine and emergency service support.
To Evaluate, Diagnose and Execute replacement and/or repairs on malfunctioning, damaged or otherwise inoperative equipment.
This classification of technician works with minimal direct supervision and provides support and/or training to fellow technicians.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs routine and emergency service calls- including after-hours on call service.
• Evaluate, Diagnose and Execute replacement and/or repairs on malfunctioning, damaged or otherwise inoperative equipment.
• Must have an ability work cooperatively or alone with minimal supervision.
• Provides reliable and timely resolution to customer requests for service.
• Provides clear and concise explanation of work performed, billing implications and training to customer.
• Follows proper testing, verification and validation processes.
• Maintains and is accountable for truck stock/inventory (equipment and tools).
• Organizes and utilizes technical resources, information, material, and support to ensure efficient execution of assigned tasks.
• Ensures the progress and timely completion of assigned tasks.
• Provides accurate documentation of hours worked.
• Completes and submits all required task-related activities, productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
• Must have a strong work ethic with a commitment to career learning.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must complete other projects, as assigned.
• Must adhere to and be a champion for company's Safety Rules and message of Zero Harm.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
• Minimum of High School Diploma/Vocational Training.
• Must have three (3) or more years of experience.
• Must have a mastery knowledge of trouble shooting commercial intrusion systems, fire systems, CCTV, intercom and access control systems.
• Must have a working knowledge to full understanding of local/national codes.
• Must have a mastery knowledge of test equipment, such as multimeters, battery analyzers and decibel meters.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to clear a drug screening.
• Must possess a CFLS and/or NV Fire Card that is current and in good standing.
• NICET II Recommended.
• The employee is exposed to extreme weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and harsh work environments on occasion.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
• Use vision abilities including: close, distance, peripheral, depth, and color.
• Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances such as with ladders, scaffolding, high lift equipment, wires, ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings, etc.
• Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with “on call availability” and must be able to travel on short notice.
• Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for extended time periods.