- Title: Global Procurement - Sourcing Associate
- Code: RCI-33857-1/33856/33858
- Location: Tampa Florida (FL) 33634
- Posted Date: 11/25/2020
- Duration: 12 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Mangesh Kanade
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 260
- Facilitating, redlining, and negotiation within parameters permitted by company's Contract Law Support team
- Collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, including CLS, Sourcing Excellence, Business Partnering & Strategy, Global Process Owners, and other important cross-functional teams
- Manage escalations in the contract facilitation process
- Streamlining and creating efficiency in contracting and legal escalation process for SE
- Conduct contract facilitation process for highly complex contracts
- Complete any required pre-transactional steps and prior endorsement, with appropriate risk assessment due diligence
- Execute contracts in a timely method with appropriate legal support to ensure compliance with company standards
- Perform appropriate due diligence by assessing risk mitigating options, and identifying business issues
- Ensure appropriate written guidelines are followed and/or SME input is obtained throughout the process (e.g., privacy, finance, international and domestic taxation, customs and trade, information security, systems quality, software asset management, and other SMEs)
- Ensure key agreements and contracts are reviewed by peers and superiors to protect and advance the company’s interest
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enable the procurement contracting process and ensure excellence in contract management
- Collaborate with company’s Legal in its development, oversight and maintenance of relevant contract templates, fallback and guidance in continually improving an efficient and effective Procurement contracting function
- Identify points of escalation for Sourcing Excellence (‘SE’) to interface with Strategy, Process & Capabilities, Legal, and other relevant stakeholders (e.g., Compliance, Audit, etc.,) regarding contracting and Procurement policy and related operational questions
- Review key agreements and contracts reviewed to protect and advance the company’s interests
- Work within the Five Ways of Working among between SE and CLS.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives towards an industry-leading contracting capability within Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
- Participate in training to provide opportunities for professional development and further expansion of contracting skillsets
- Ensure thresholds and collaboration between Business, Legal, and other involved parties are clear and well communicated
- Partner with functional / regional category teams to maintain effective contracting procedures and ensure adherence to regional/global category strategies
- Collaborate with Global Process Owners
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, formulas etc.), SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Knowledge and proficiency with SAP, Ariba and other management and financial experience
- Organization — Ability to manage multiple priorities and resources in a dynamic environment across various departments, and organize complex information.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Critical Thinking — Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must possess initiative with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attitude & Teamwork– Projects confidence tempered with humility.
- Must be a team player willing both to steer the team towards success and to fully support the team when others are steering.
- Problem Sensitivity —Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Recognizes there is a problem and escalates or informs the resources who can address the problem.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Analyzing Data, Drawing Conclusions and Making Decisions/recommendations — Analyzes information and evaluates results to draw conclusions, make data driven decisions and develop actionable recommendations for business units
- Communication – Shares and collects information, exchanges ideas and openly explores perspectives, and adjusts style and content to each person, audience and circumstance
- JD or paralegal or equivalent degree
- 6-8 years of relevant experience including drafting, reviewing and negotiating procurement / business contracts, procurement negotiations (preferably in Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences industries [or other regulated industries])
- Experience managing cross-functional and/or global teams of contracting and / or procurement professionals and in establishing performance expectations
- Other Relevant Experience: internal stakeholder management, data/information management, process redesign and continuous improvement expertise, project management and performance measurement skills
- Relevant professional certifications (e.g., CPM, CPIM)
- 4 years of Pharmaceutical Procurement experience
- Membership in Professional Associations (e.g., ISM)
- Experience in procurement