- Title: Test Technician
- Code: RCI-10861
- Location: Wixom Michigan (MI) 48393
- Posted Date: 11/25/2020
- Duration: 12 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Mittal Mandavia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 245
Purpose of the job is to
- Test catalytic converters using customer supplied test stand and vehicle procedures.
- Employees set up engines, dynamometers, and other equipment for engine based catalyst aging and vehicles emission measuring equipment for EPA related chassis roll testing.
- Designing and validating new equipment and new testing occurs daily to keep our company on the forefront of testing viability and responsiveness.
As a Test Technician, you will be responsible for
- Performing the set-up, execution and tear down of all test activities
- In addition, you may have responsibilities associated with the ongoing maintenance and possible repair of various test facilities and/or equipment.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills:
- High school education is required,
- Minimum of 5 years related testing experience desired
- Work experience with engines, mechanical systems, test systems is desired
- Must be computer literate, familiar with basic MS Office Suite tools, mainly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Perform the set-up, execution and tear down of Catalyst Aging tests or Vehicle Emission tests as required
- Collect, document, assess in-process test data as directed.
- Monitor and adjust in-process test parameters as required.
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance and calibration of various mechanical equipment, including:
- Engine and/or Chassis Roll Dynamometers Test Cell and/or Dyno controllers
- Welding and pipe fabrication
- Routine vehicle and/or Engine maintenance
- Vehicle exhaust system components
- Must be able to utilize general shop equipment, e.g. band saw, drill press, grinders and power hand tools
- Work in a safe manner and adhere to all safety regulations and site requirements
- Perform tasks per the schedule as directed
- Demonstrate a team oriented demeanor conducive to client goals
- Maintain a good attendance history
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
- Interact effectively within the team and workgroup
- Must have a willingness to learn and further develop technical skills