- Oversee and provide support to various accounting functions within the corporate accounting operation and/or business unit accounting operations, as required.
- Produce accurate and timely financial statements for the business unit and for its subsidiaries.
- Support business units, business unit subsidiaries, and entities in recording and reporting financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Supports preparation and delivery of corporation’s monthly financial statement close process. Primary owner of all accounting or regulatory reporting. Ensures financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely, and analyzes and reviews financial statements for given area of responsibility. Responsible for complete and accurate preparation of all required reports on a quarterly and annual basis. 20%
- Prepares, reviews or approves account reconciliations for corporation’s entities and accounts, as required. 25%
- Prepares the monthly reporting packages for corporate entities including analysis of current actual results to prior period actual results for corporation- for use in Board and Senior Management reporting and external reporting. 10%
- Supports the implementation of changes in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). 5%
- Supports in the accounting, analysis and budgeting of various accounts. 15%
- Consults and liaises with operating unit finance personnel on accounting issues. 10%
- Cooperates in special projects and special requests as required for the Controller’s Group. 10%
- Interacts with internal and external auditors, Corporate Controller’s Department and business units as required to accomplish goals. 5%
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or general business administration.
- Experience is typically career level (8-10 years) in accounting, financial reporting or related field. Recent public accounting (Big Four, Grant Thornton, RSM), working in a Controllership group of a Fortune 500 publicly traded company and/or Utility experience (in the last 2 years) is required
- Experience with Financial Statement Consolidations and/or Derivative Accounting is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
- Solid financial, mathematical and analytical capabilities
- Exhibit professionalism and stay current on technical accounting, reporting and professional development
MBA in Finance, Accounting or Economics