- Title: Instrument and Controls Engineer II
- Code: RCI-03437
- Location: Framingham Massachusetts (MA) 01701
- Posted Date: 01/08/2021
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Steve Macwan
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖
The I&C Engineer II is a technical role who is a member of the Project Engineering team and is accountable for the design, support and troubleshooting of upstream and downstream bioprocessing equipment. The I&C Engineer II is expected to have the technical expertise to support a range of I/O sensors and instrumentation connected to automated processing equipment. The person in this role is expected to have a good working knowledge of cGMP requirements, NFPA 70e, and the ability to apply this knowledge to create engineering solutions with regards to the bioprocessing equipment.
- Function as a technical specialist on process equipment or systems; troubleshooting of equipment, update engineering documentation, and describe technical problems to other SMEs.
- Execute concurrent projects with some supervision.
- Interpret and execute policies and procedures.
- Execute tasks, under the minimal direction of technical supervisors, to complete the project within schedule.
- Utilize quality systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide support for documentation changes
- Develop and manage change controls
- Comply with requirements from Safety Program including Health and Safety regulations and OSHA requirements.
- 4+ years relevant industry experience.
- Wiring instrumentation and I/O points (pumps, valves, sensors)
- Knowledge of different types of I/O signals (I.E. 4-20ma) and bus networks (i.e: DeviceNet, Profibus)
- Knowledge and practice of NFPA 70e (Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace)
- Experience using DeltaV Diagnostics for troubleshooting I/O issues.
- Experience reading and understanding electrical diagrams and P&IDs.
- Understanding of computer networks and ability to configure IP Addresses within a network.
- Experience troubleshooting DeltaV and Allen Bradley automation systems
- Experience with OSISoft PI
- Experience designing electrical panels.
- Direct experience in a GMP environment.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotech processes.
- Direct experience in the Biopharmaceutical industry designing, supporting, and troubleshooting Upstream and Downstream process equipment.
Demonstrated skills in the following areas:
- Problem solving and applied engineering
- Basic technical report writing
- Working knowledge of specialized equipment/processes.
- General knowledge of Commissioning and Qualification.
- Effectively interact with a variety of communication and working styles.