- Title: Data Center Support Technician
- Code: RCI-9280A
- Location: Brooklyn New York (NY) 11201
- Posted Date: 01/08/2021
- Duration: 24 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Nirav Soni
- Email: Nirav.email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 239
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Site B Remote Hands Technician will be responsible for:
- Adding equipment to support agency applications in Site B location/environment in New Jersey
- Coordinating Site B testing with Site A technical resources
- Monitoring the Site B applications’ environment.
- Rack and stack new and replacement equipment
- Troubleshooting and resolving incidents and problems in the Site B environment
- Able to travel to and be available at Site B to perform technical changes that require a person at Site B
- Upgrading and expanding the physical infrastructure environment
- Performing backup and restore activities
- Managing Site B infrastructure assets/maintaining physical inventory
- Maintaining documentation of infrastructure assets within Site B
- Cable-patching the equipment within Site B
- Participating in Site B infrastructure fail-over testing which could occur outside regular business hours.
- 4 yrs experience with data structures, testing and implementation, technical and user documentation, environments.
- Ability to lift equipment at least (50lbs) Rack and Stack (Network Switches, Servers, Storage, Appliances).
- Knowledge of structured cabling in a Data Center.
- General knowledge of Operating Systems, (Windows, Unix).
- Experience in Level 1 and Level 2 troubleshooting in a N Tier Environment.
- Experience in executing commands to start up and shut down Windows and Unix systems.
- Experience in performing backup and restore activities.
- Experience in maintaining documentation of infrastructure assets within Site B.
- Experience working with vendor to troubleshoot circuit issues (WAN and Internet).
- Experience Cable Patching the equipment in the environment.
- Experience in fail-over testing.
- Experience managing infrastructure assets and maintaining physical inventory.
- Able to travel between locations (NYC and NJ) and be available at Site B in New Jersey to perform technical changes that require a person at Site B.
- Knowledge of N Tier / Software Defined Networking (SDN).
- Experience using Avocent / Vertiv DSView Management software.
- CISCO certified.