- Title: Research Associate III (Scientific)
- Code: RCI-3436
- Location: Cambridge Massachusetts (MA) 02139
- Posted Date: 01/13/2021
- Duration: 12 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Mittal Mandavia
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 245
Position Overview/Key Responsibilities:
- Extract DNA/RNA from human tissue samples.
- Perform Bioanalyzer, Tapestation, NanoDrop, qPCR or ddPCR, and other molecular biology techniques to analyze DNA and RNA products.
- Perform sequencing library preparation reactions including various QC steps, either manually or using high throughput liquid handling robots.
- Perform sequencing and library preparation reactions including single-cell RNA-Sequencing and various QC steps, either manually or using high throughput liquid handling robots.
- Operate and maintain Illumina sequencing machines.
- Troubleshoot abnormal results with minimal oversight and feedback.
- Participate in development new genomic assays, including but not limited to NGS.
- Create and update standard operating protocols for laboratory-based methods.
- Enter experiment information into a laboratory notebook and LIM system.
- Communicates basic lab needs to Lab Head for both technical and administrative issues.
- Responsible for the execution and analysis of experiments and analytical procedures.
- Display an investigative or technological orientation in designing, executing and interpreting experiments and analytical procedures.
- Investigate basic technical problems and performs routine scientific procedures and experiments under general supervision.
- Plan and prioritize concurrent experimental procedures. Integrate, compile, and tabulate data and assist supervisor in the analysis and interpretation of the results.
- May provide oral presentations on results to other department members.
- Work under active supervision.
- Follow established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Failure to achieve results or erroneous execution may cause delays in program schedules, and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
- Frequent internal company contacts. Infrequent inter- departmental and outside constituent contacts on routine matters.
- Years of Experience: 6 - 9 Years