- Title: Associate Scientist
- Code: RCI-10395
- Location: North Chicago Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 01/13/2021
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Mangesh Kanade
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 260
Important Update from hiring manager
- Must be bright candidate who willing to learn ASAP
- Candidate will be running with some chemistry instruments at the time of job.
- Positive attitude.
- Working with NMR Group
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry/ organic chemistry
- BS degree with: - Chemistry or biology or biochemistry or any physical science background.
- Position more focus on Maledictional chemistry
- Have excellent sample preparation skills
- Any research exp. is required
- Recent BS degree would be also work
- Small molecules with Chemistry
Associate Scientist – Research Mass Spectrometry
- The Scientist will be responsible for the analysis and structural characterization of small organic molecules using liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry techniques to support medicinal chemists and the molecular screening and characterization groups.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for operating and maintaining the Purity LC/MS platform and to contribute on mass spectrometry-based small molecule characterization efforts in partnership with the NMR group.
- The candidate will also work on sample preparation for the therapeutic area discovery projects and for other high throughput analytical technologies being developed within the group.
- The Scientist will be expected to multi-task and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- This individual must be enthusiastic, eager to learn and be able to work independently.
- They must maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting and be able to work collaboratively across cross-functional teams.
- A B.S. or M.S. in chemistry, biochemistry, biology or other physical sciences is desired.
- The selected candidate should have some familiarity with liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry instrumentation, and have excellent sample preparation skills.
- Due to having to work across multi-disciplinary groups he or she should possess excellent communication skills.
- Are you open to look at candidates willing to relocate? No
- Years of experience/education and/or certifications required:
BS degree with 0-5 years equivalent experience; M.S. with 0 – 2 years equivalent experience with a degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, or related areas.
- What are the top 3-5 skills requirements should this person have?
1: Basic understanding of analytical chemistry principles, techniques, and technology.
2: Ability to operate and maintain instrumentation with minimal supervision, after being trained.
3: Ability to learn new analytical, sample preparation and biochemical techniques.
4: Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and good record keeping.
5: Good computer skills and an ability to learn/master new programs and data processing.
- What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification?
1: Further expertise in GC or HPLC, Mass Spectrometry, and organic chemistry will be given preference.
2: Experience with the analysis of small molecules and structure elucidation.
3: Experience with automation or programming.
4: Experience with hands-on instrument troubleshooting and maintenance.
- What type of environment is this person working in?
- Combination of both group and individual setting
- Laboratory with chemicals and instrumentation
- Work Schedule: 40 hours weekly
- Role is primarily on-site but 1 day remote possible only after having learned to operate the instrument independently and having demonstrated proficiency with data processing.
- No travel required except for local seminar opportunities.