- Title: Contract Drummer
- Code: RCI-11074
- Location: Livonia Michigan (MI) 48150
- Posted Date: 01/13/2021
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Mangesh Kanade
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 260
An energetic, self-starter is being sought to join the BASF operations team. The successful candidate will perform the tasks required to package polyurethane specialties products in a safe, efficient and environmentally sound manner.
The Contact Drummer is responsible for the following:
• Following all safe work and operations policies and procedures while on duty at the site, in this safety sensitive position.
• At the direction of the shift supervisor, work with Resin and ISO operators to fill 55-gallon steel drums and composite IBC totes with liquid chemicals.
• Ability to read and understand paperwork and computer instructions.
• Continuous and effective communication with co-workers and shift supervisors.
• Driving sit down fork trucks and moving pallets and totes of product throughout the plant.
• Operate plant equipment in a manner and condition to safely produce quality product.
• Maintain housekeeping and 5S practices at an excellent level.
• Give an accurate and relevant turnover to relief operator in both verbal and written formats.
• Perform equipment, safety and other required checks or inspections in an accurate, neat and timely manner (e.g. plant safety check lists, area inspections, respirator and mobile equipment inspections).
• Properly handle all waste (hazardous and non-hazardous) and associated paperwork according to regulations and BASF policies.
• Active participation in site safety and EHSQ programs including the site’s Exposure Reduction Program (SOUL).
• Using required Personal Protective Equipment.
• Complete LMS training requirements on time. Orange tract.
40-hour work week plus overtime opportunities:
• High School diploma or GED
• Willingness and ability to adapt to change and cross-train as needed
• Competencies of accountability and ownership
• Mechanically inclined and able to complete minor maintenance
• Ability to learn and perform a variety of tasks in support of plant operations including training and safety initiatives
• Coordination with people and teams within the site and beyond; good team player
• Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Effective time management and organizational skills to efficiently manage daily activities
• Accurately performs basic math
• The physical effort required to perform this position includes: o Ability to lift 50 lbs. o Ability to push 150 lbs. o Bending, stooping, climbing o Lifting, pouring chemical material o Standing, reaching while lifting pipes and hoses o The ability to work at heights wearing fall protection equipment o Ability to work with exposure to weather elements (e.g. heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.)
• At least 1 year of chemical related work experience
• At least 1 year of fork truck experience