- Title: Associate Scientist
- Code: RCI-10396
- Location: North Chicago Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 01/13/2021
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Mangesh Kanade
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 260
Important Updates from the manager
- Large molecules with biologics
- Must be familiar with Analytical chemistry knowledge
- Hard working professional with a good attitude is required.
- BS degree with: - Chemistry or biology or biochemistry or any physical science background.
- Protein expression/Protein extraction/Protein purification exp. is required
- Some Laboratory exp. is required.
- Candidate will be running with some instruments at the time of job.
- Position more focus on biologics
Role is primarily on-site but 1 day remote possible after demonstrated proficiency with data processing.
Associate Scientist – Biological Mass Spectrometry
- The selected candidate should have familiarity with liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry instrumentation, and have excellent sample preparation skills.
- Knowledge in with laboratory automation are desired but not required.
- He or she should possess excellent communication skills.
- The Scientist will conduct analytical experiments to support structural characterization and identification of biological macromolecules using liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry techniques.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for maintaining the Protein Open-Access LC/MS platform and to contribute on mass spectrometry-based protein characterization efforts
- The Scientist will be expected to consistently work on multiple projects in parallel and be able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- A B.S. or M.S in chemistry, biochemistry, biology or other physical sciences is desired.
- This individual must be highly self-motivated, able to work independently in their area of expertise, able to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, and must be an outstanding team player.
- Are you open to look at candidates willing to relocate? No
- Years of experience/education and/or certifcations required:
BS degree with 0-5 years equivalent experience; M.Sc. with 0 – 2 years equivalent experience in chemistry, biochemistry, biology or related areas
- What are the top 3-5 skills requirements should this person have?
1: A basic knowledge about protein and amino acids
2: Basic understanding of analytical chemistry techniques and technologies
3: Good computer skills and ability to learn and master new programs
4: Excellent organizational skills, attentions to detail
5: Ability to learn new analytical and biochemical techniques
- What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification?
1: Experience with liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry
2: Experience with the analysis of proteins
3: Experience with automation
- What type of environment is this person working in?
- Combination of both group and individual setting
- Work Schedule: 40 hours
- No travel required except for local seminar opportunities.