- Title: Network System Administrator
- Code: RCI-10034
- Location: North Chicago Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 01/14/2021
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Anish Patel
- Email: Anish.Patel@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 208
10+ years of experience in the following: responsibilities:
Passed issues with candidates were
• One was overqualified based on being in management.
• A few lacked skills in these areas – Nutanix Hardware Experience, NetBackup Experience.
• Based on Resume, one showed sporadic employment for short timeframes.
Unable to answer very basic questions regarding the technology requirement.
Nutanix is highly preferred but the resource can be trained on this technology.
However, VM WARE and net backup experience are critical skills needed.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including networks.
- Duties may include setting up user accounts, maintaining library of system documentation and installing system-wide software and allocation of mass storage space.
- Activities may include administration of personal computers, client servers, electronic mail, on-line and internet resources, local area networks and wide area networks, and standard application software products. Interacts with users and analyses vendor products.
- May recommend purchase of hardware and software, and coordinates installation with vendors and/or technicians. Trains internal users.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards of allocation and use of office automation equipment and resources.
- Experience with a variety of operating systems protocols and tools, depending on the type of platform or application to be administered. Able to rapidly absorb and implement new technologies and procedures.
- Capable of performing tasks in dynamic/changing situations and, under stress, optimizing availability of system services to users/LOB staff.
- Familiar with SDLC methodologies. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Understanding of Mainframe, Midrange, Database, Web, and Client Server technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- At least three years of experience in systems support and working knowledge of specific technology to be administered.
- Familiarity with multi-platform environments.
- Understanding of security systems.