- Title: Technical Writer
- Code: RCI-249
- Location: White Plains New York (NY) 10601
- Posted Date: 01/19/2021
- Duration: 9 Months
- Name:Nirav Soni
- Email: Nirav.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 239
Tasks include to various initiatives, including, but not limited to, interviewing business units and relevant staff to capture project-related information, documenting best practices and lessons learned, and identifying relevant knowledge areas . The ideal candidate must be able to understand and summarize complex accounting practices, effective internal control functions, and develop robust policies and controls.
Additionally, the individual will be interviewing staff across Business Units, to gain insight into business processes, and the ability to document those processes into a coherent new policy and procedures documents. Existing policy and procedures will require updates or revisions to reflect current business environment and practices.
Business Controls is looking for an intermediate to experienced technical writer. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for producing concise, technically accurate and high-quality written summaries in a timely and efficient manner. The candidate will work collaboratively with the BC team as well as technical engineers, planners and other key business stakeholders to support and contribute to the overall success of business controls.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work with the BC team to gain an in-depth understanding of BC’s various programs and documentation requirements.
• Produce concise, technically accurate and high-quality written summaries that meet industry standards and are easily understood by technical teams.
• Create brief, written summaries of large technical documents, interviews, presentations at committee meetings and project meetings.
• Create related user help guides for BC programs and BC’s knowledge base site.
• Experience in technical writing capacity in the utility, electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering industries.
• Proven experience drafting and editing high quality, technical documents.
• Strong knowledge of MS office products like Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft.
• Knowledge of SharePoint publishing features.
• Must have strong writing, editing, organizational and communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with representatives of various departments.
• Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
Education & Certifications
Bachelor’s degree in Writing or equivalent dgree.
Minimum of 5 years professional technical writing experience related to engineering disciplines (electrical or mechanical engineering, etc.)