- Title: Scientist II
- Code: RCI-03523
- Location: Waltham Massachusetts (MA) 02451
- Posted Date: 01/26/2021
- Duration: 6 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Mittal Mandavia
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 245
Responsibilities will include, but are not limit to, the following:
- Provides direct on-site early formulation development support to enable efficacy, PK, and toxicology studies for small molecule Drug Discovery efforts.
- Provides drug substance characterization including crystallinity assessment, solubility determination, and physicochemical stability evaluation.
- Offers solubility enhancement of poor water soluble compounds by applying various solubilization techniques.
- Develops understanding of the impact of physiochemical and solid state properties on drug candidate performance.
- Perform in-silico biopharmaceutical evaluation to support drugability assessment.
- Inform and influence drug discovery team finding new chemical entities with desirable physicochemical and biopharmaceutical properties.
- Recommends potential clinical formulation to the project team based on physicochemical and biopharmaceutical properties of the drug candidate.
- Knowledge in discovery and preclinical formulation support, preformulation screening, solid state characterization and aiding formulation design. Analytical mindset on analyzing formulation, and hands-on experience on instruments such as HPLC, dissolution, microscope, and particle size analysis,
- Self-motivated with capabilities in executing tasks independently, following protocols accurately, managing time efficiently, delivering formulations accurately and timely, and collaborating with other team members professionally.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical science, pharmaceutical chemistry or related scientific discipline required.
- Prefer 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in discovery and preclinical support, preformulation screening, early formulation development, and solid state characterization in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum BS, prefer MS or PhD, in Pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical science, pharmaceutical chemistry or related scientific discipline required.