- Title: Senior Professional Coder
- Code: RCI-7924
- Location: Newark New Jersey (NJ) 07105
- Posted Date: 01/29/2021
- Duration: 4 Months
- Name:Steve Macwan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖
Senior Professional Coder
The Senior Professional Coder provides services to perform code abstraction using the Official Coding Guidelines for ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM, AHA Coding Clinic Guidance, and in accordance with all state regulations, federal regulations, internal policies, and internal procedures. HCC Risk Adjustment Coders will be involved with activities of code abstraction for the following programs; including but not limited to, Commercial Risk Adjustment, Medicare Advantage Risk Adjustment, Commercial IVA (Initial Validation Audit), and Medicare RADV (Risk Adjustment Data Validation). HCC Risk Adjustment Coders are required to maintain minimum 95% accuracy on coding quality audits.
- Compile chart review findings statistics, analyze data results and implement meaningful action plans that improve providers’ performance levels
- Education new staff to produce and maintain high quality data abstraction and chart reviews
- Develop quality assurance processes to ensure data integrity of all submitted diagnoses to regulatory agencies and key stakeholders
- Evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk adjustment coding programs, policies & procedures and work flow
- Work closely with inter-departmental team management to support coding initiatives related to risk adjustment programs
- As a Subject Matter Expert, this person will support risk adjustment coding initiatives to identify opportunities to enhance and grow business
- Responsible for educating and keeping management informed on current changes in regulations/guidance related to ICD-10 coding and quality documentation and reporting
- Interface with operations and clinical leadership to assist in identification of coding & documentation improvements and promote best practices
- Conduct mock audits or surveillance activities that target problematic diagnoses as identified by CMS and internal stakeholders
- Can understand and translate CPT, HCPC, ICD-9/ICD-10 codes for HCC abstraction.
- Review medical records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with applicable coding guidelines and regulations.
- Maintains department productivity and accuracy standards.
- Requires current Registered Health Information Technologies (RHIT) or Certified Professional Coder designation from the American Academy of Professional Coders or a Certified Coding Specialist , P from the American Health Information Management (AHIMA)
- Requires 5+ years of Medical Coding experience
- Requires a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Health Insurance/quality chart audits and/or Utilization Review
- Bachelor's degree required
- Requires knowledge of medical terminology of medical procedures, abbreviations and terms
- Requires proficiency in the CPT-4, HCPC, ICD-9/ICD-10 coding
- Requires knowledge of the health care delivery system