The Proposal Writer will be responsible for developing, researching, writing, editing, and formatting documents such as request for proposal (RFP), request for information (RFI), tenders, bids, and related technical and functional documentation for the organization under the guidance of proposal lead. The job is a mix of writing proposals, offering support to our internal stakeholders, and participating in content development. We are seeking a natural problem-solver with excellent project management skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
The successful Proposal Writer will focus on producing high-quality content that adheres to format and style.
- Fulfill written requests for proposals, requests for information, and ad-hoc team projects.
- Manage the RFX response process including qualification, manage process in Trello, coordinating schedule and assignments and aligning with various stakeholders.
- Assist with all aspects of proposal creation including response, format, editing, creating and maintaining knowledge repository.
- Collaborate with respective stakeholders across the organization to obtain and provide appropriate content for RFXs and various prospect inquiries.
- Sharing best practices on document logistics
- Organize and maintain product information, content and other information necessary for the timely, accurate and compelling completion of a response to an RFX
- Work with manager on ad-hoc projects to streamline and scale the RFX approach
- Strategically approaches the RFX
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree with excellent writing and communication skills
- Staffing Industry working knowledge or experience required
- Previous RFX or proposal experience required (1 to 3 years)
- Account Management experience preferred (1-2 years)
- Project Management experience preferred
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, including time and project management
- Outstanding and proven skills in decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Deadline-focused with ability to work under time constraints while producing high-quality material
- Must be able to articulate the vision and value of the organization, it's services and offerings
- Has experience leading multiple projects while managing competing priorities and deadlines
- Has experience in technical, and creative writing and editing, either in proposal or documentation work
- Has experience in developing content for the proposal and gathering relevant information from the firms resources, cross-functional teams and exploring other avenues as needed
- Has extremely strong desktop publishing skills (MS Office, Zoom, presentation, MS Teams (required), Trello, Ariba (preferred))
- Can present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Can learn new technologies, and platforms quickly