- Title: Business Analyst Consultant
- Code: RCI-03052021
- Location: Brooklyn New York (NY) 11201
- Posted Date: 02/22/2021
- Duration: 36 Months
- Name:Nirav Soni
- Email: Nirav.email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 239
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
Seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join team as undertake major changes in the software. The Business Analysts will be a liaison between the Business Units and IT with the primary responsibility of understanding business processes and needs, eliciting requirements, creating Business Requirements Documents, developing “To-Be” and/or “As-Is” Process Diagrams.
Working remotely is not allowed.
This position straddles both the business and technical realms.
The selected candidate will:
- Work with Stakeholders on complex business change initiatives and help IT management in estimating the efforts, scope, and dependencies.
- Facilitate and lead cross functional process review and solution design sessions.
- Work with Stakeholders and IT to design the optimal finalized solution strategy/design.
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) in the business process(es) that they support.
- Perform GAP analysis to determine if business requirements are being met.
- Actively try to identify areas of improvement and conceptualize methods on how to be more efficient.
- Identify, parse, and analyze transactional data.
- Identify, plan, configure features and functions in Salesforce.com that are based on business user requirements.
- Provide guidance and support in identifying, assessing, and recommending process improvement opportunities through standardization, automation and business process reengineering (BPR) efforts.
- Support testing cycles (UAT, regression, system) and/or Training/Training Materials.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience in complex workflow development projects with expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using the Waterfall and/or Agile methodology.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in facilitating business process and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions.
- Proficient in requirements gathering (elicitation, documentation, and management).
- Must be able to create clear and concise Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Requirements Documents, Use Cases, and User Stories.
- Must have be able to create detailed data models and process and data flow diagrams.
- Experience creating workflows using formal notation such as the Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
- Experience with Mainframe technology (COBOL, DB2).
- Ability to navigate, understand, and interpret Mainframe Cobol code for the purpose of Business Rules extraction from existing Legacy Code (e.g. run JCL, code review, etc.).
- Experience with Enterprise Data Dictionary, Valid Values and creation of Business Terms (Pension Administration domain preferred).
- Experience writing general and complex SQL queries (Inner/Outer joins).
- Creation of Source-to-Target Mappings (STTM) and STTM Defect Handling.
- Must be able to translate business needs into functional requirements.
- Must be able to define test scenarios and conditions, develop complete test plans and facilitate testing according to plan in support of Quality Assurance (QA) testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Manage multiple competing priorities of varying complexities through effective organization and communication while meeting deadlines, and working well under pressure.
- Passionate about work, self-motivated, high-energy, detail oriented, results-driven performer with excellent problem solving abilities.
- Must have superb communication skills and be able to effectively communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand manner with people regardless of their technical skill set.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, writing, analytical, problem solving, information gathering, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently on strategic issues with users.
- Good understanding in Human Factor as it relates to user friendly design of interfaces, maximize usability, and improvement of worker efficiency.
- Demonstrated “agile-development” mindset with strong customer-focus & results orientation.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment and adapt quickly to shifting priorities.
- Highly analytical, able to break down complex business problems to technical requirements
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, Visio & PowerPoint.
- Experience working with implementing enterprise systems and/or replacement of legacy systems.
- Understanding of Data warehouse concepts and principles.