- Title: Platform DevOps Engineer
- Code: RCI-11816833
- Location: Hillsboro Oregon (OR) 97124
- Posted Date: 02/22/2021
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Nirav Soni
- Email: Nirav.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 239
Platform Cloud Engineer – Infrastructure, Networking, Security
We are looking for a Platform engineer with a strong background in DevOps automation, infrastructure provisioning, AWS networking and security. This role will deploy and support infrastructure for our Big Data platforms and contribute to DevOps automation and system improvements supporting our engineering users. Key experience includes:
- AWS infrastructure operational experience
- DevOps engineering and automation
- Networking & Security
- Infrastructure provisioning and automation
- Exposure to Big Data processing
- Deliver advanced cloud engineering solutions to support our Data & Analytics platforms including enterprise scale batch and streaming environments
- Solve complex network design problems – use Infrastructure as Code solutions to deploy and manage network components
- Contribute to AWS cloud operations including responding to alerts, troubleshooting failures, managing cost, and supporting engineering users
- Ensure compliance with company’s security requirements
- Improve our infrastructure by developing and improving our CI/CD workflows and pipelines that provide stable and repeatable infrastructure deployments.
- Contribute to and support container based infrastructure (EKS, Kubernetes).
- Enhance observability through improved monitoring and alerting.
- Provide advanced engineering support services (L3 support):
- Drive root cause analysis for common problems.
- Provide status updates to users and stakeholders.
- Track all details in the issue tracking system (Service Now).
- Contribute to Agile / Kanban workflows and team process work.
- Contribute to Operational Excellence through resiliant self-healing solutions
- Work independently, design and plan solutions, manage deployments, coordinate with team members, and deliver results collaboratively.
Required Job Qualifications:
- AWS: 3 years experience including: S3, VPC, CloudWatch, EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, EMR, etc. Advanced experience with IAM policy and role management. Experience with container systems is desired – EKS, ECR, Kubernetes, Docker.
- Infrastructure Operations: 5+ years supporting systems infrastructure operations, upgrades, deployments, and monitoring. Ability to keep systems running at peak performance, upgrade operating systems, patching, and version upgrades as required.
- CI/CD: Experience with CI/CD methodologies and environments. Experience with Terraform, Jenkins and GitHub. GitOps exposure is a plus.
- Programming: 2+ years experience programming with Python. Experience with Bash, REST APIs, and JSON encoding.
- Linux: 5+ years in Unix systems engineering
- Security: Experience implementing role-based security methodolgies, including AD integration, security policies, SAML, and auditing/logging in a Linux/AWS environment.
- Networking: Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, HTTPS, load-balancers (ELB, HAProxy) and high availability architecture.
- Agile/Scrum/Kanban experience. Collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers, QA and Engineering teams to deliver results.
- Demonstrated good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with data engineer as end users.
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications.
Nice-to-Have Job Qualifications
- AWS Certification
- Containers: Knowledge of working with containers and orchestration tools such as Docker, AWS EKS, ECS, Kubernetes.
- Monitoring: Hands on experience with monitoring tools such as AWS CloudWatch, SignalFX.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.