- Title: Electrical & Instrumentation Lead
- Code: RCI-20392-1
- Location: Kalamazoo Michigan (MI) 49001
- Posted Date: 02/23/2021
- Duration: 18 Months
- Name:Steve Macwan
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖
This job description applies to the capital project to create a new aseptic facility on the site in Kalamazoo, MI.
This role will report to design and construction leads.
- Review of technical specification documents for all electrical and instrumentation systems to be used as the basis for design
- Specific focus of architectural reviews is to ensure quality, facility GMP, clean room finishes, and appearance standards are ensured.
- Participate the execution of project work packages
- Inspection plan & FAT / SAT schedule
- 3-D Model Review
- Assist in the resolution and tracking of field issues and Request for Information (RFIs)
- Review of installation quality and workmanship
- Provide client review of contractor change notices
- Support development of general procedures, metrics and deliverables required for successful delivery of the project objectives on time and within budget.
- Review of all relevant specs and data sheets for E&I systems
- Participate in the development of Commission and Verification (C&V) activities on the project utilizing Verification (ASTM E2500) model. Review and accept TOPs package, schedule training for plant personnel prior to turn over.
- Review Clash detection reports & instigate Quality checks during design and construction phases of the project.
- Participate in the Model Reviews with the engineering firm.
- Construction and installation quality
- Review of Change notices for equipment and infrastructure.
- Oversee construction team and ensure installation requirements are met.
- Agree breakdown of facilities into model areas & schedule of completion of areas, to support construction schedule
- Schedule – Support schedule development, management and tracking from Design through to final turnover to commercial operation. - duration is to 4QTR2022
- Review of A/E firm engineering design deliverables
- Review of vendor submittals and 3-D model development
- Identify project risks and opportunities and propose mitigation plans.
- Provide support and guidance to the construction team on E&I systems
- Provide oversight, expertise and assistance to start-up efforts
- Track contractor progress and quality to contracted work package, design and site specifications.
- BS in Technical Field (engineering, building sciences, life science or equivalent).
- 10 years technical experience.
- Good understanding of risk management methodologies, with a proven ability to apply in Bio-pharmaceutical operations.
- Experience of vendor package management and design coordination
- Knowledge and experience of project execution for MGP classified manufacturing / bio-containment facility design
- Experience in safe work methodology and safe work approach – OSHA 10 minimum
- Direct experience within pharmaceutical manufacturing clean room facilities
- Experience of facility design in a 3D Model / BIM environment utilizing integrated project delivery
- Knowledge and experience of Bio-pharmaceutical commissioning & qualification an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of problem solving, root-cause analysis, operational excellence techniques.
- Can lift 75 Lbs. No physical limitations.
- Fluent in English, Spanish speaking beneficial.
- Valid driver’s license.
Non-Standard Work Schedule, Travel Or Environment Requirements:
- Possible to visit suppliers, fabricators, best practice meetings.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Successful candidate will be required to support design from A/E firm’s office and startup activities at Kalamazoo site.