- Title: Commissioning Safety Officer Lead
- Code: RCI-20518-1
- Location: Sanford North Carolina (NC) 27330
- Posted Date: 02/23/2021
- Duration: 24 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Steve Macwan
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖
Travel: 2 weeks/month : needs to travel to sites (Andover, Kzoo, Sanford, and Rocky Mount)
- Active member of the Global Capital Project Safety Leadership Team with overall responsibility for safety on all US Capital Projects $50 million or more, providing direction and leadership to the project teams.
- Chair the Capital Projects Safety council and have regular meeting / sharing of information with the team (suggest monthly)
- Become a certified Method 1 five why SME and trainer (an interactive interrogative technique used to explore cause-and-effect relationships underlying a particular problem) and conduct formal training with each Capital Project Construction Management Team member.
- Travel in the US to all our major capital projects on a monthly basis (approximately 50% of your work time will be travel) Typically we have 4-5 projects in execution over $50 Million at any given time.
- Conduct customer facing talks, project audits, training and presentations.
- Work with Project Leadership teams to mentor, coach and help them implement the new Capital Projects Visual Safety Standards program.
- Drive the execution of the safety program from Conceptual Design thru Basis of Design, Detailed design, Commissioning and Operations
- Provide monthly project safety report to the Capital Projects Leadership Team.
- Conduct wrap-up audit findings meetings with the Project Leadership Team before leaving the site and ensure there is a mechanism in place to track to closure any outstanding action items stemming from the audit.
- Be fully involved in all project serious incidents / near-miss investigations and ensure the Method 1: Five-why investigative tool is used to its full potential to get to true root cause.
- Champion the Safety Behavioral Program and ensure the program is embedded in capital projects e.g. all noted safety behavioral trends are being reported back to the work-force and actionable items getting closed out in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have good communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Have a strong safety program aptitude, experience and technical experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in relevant industry e.g. pharmaceutical, oil and gas capital projects industry.
- Third level degree in a safety or engineering discipline and a Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP) / Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certified or an equivalent.
- Pharma Construction Safety Project experience.
- 7-10+ years of Commissioning Safety/Start-Up Program Management Experience
- Must be flexible, adaptable, resilient and open to change.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office software, especially on Word, Excel and Power-point.