- Title: Histology Technician
- Code: RCI-16869
- Location: Waltham Massachusetts (MA) 02451
- Posted Date: 02/24/2021
- Duration: 10 Months
- Name:Mittal Mandavia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 245
Associate Scientist/Histology Technician
The qualified candidate will provide general histology support within the CPSS Oncology Safety Pathology team at Client R&D Boston.
- Prepare microscopic slides of nonclinical tissue to support safety assessment, pharmacodynamic and efficacy study evaluations - includes tissue fixation, trimming, dehydration, infiltration, embedding, microtomy, mounting and sectioning of paraffin tissue blocks.
- Perform histochemical and immunohistochemical stains on a variety of rodent tissues using automated staining platforms (i.e. Ventana).
- Prepare and maintain all necessary instruments and reagents, including stains, alcohols, and paraffins according to proper specifications.
- Maintaining digital archive of stained slides by scanning and using Aperio eSlide Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Associates Degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience in a Histopathology lab (Academic, Hospital or Pharmaceutical Industry lab setting)
- Experience in performing routine histology procedures, including trimming, embedding, sectioning and staining tissues.
- Demonstrated computer competency and applications as required.
- Good communication (written and oral) skills, enthusiastic, self-motivating approach and ability to work in a small team environment
- Experience in quantitative image analysis HALO or similar programs is an advantage
- Delivery focused
- Candid and honest in discussions
- Demonstrates flexibility, open-mindedness and adaptability
- Team working