- Title: Senior Business Analyst
- Code: RCI-4R-4812A
- Location: New York New York (NY) 10038
- Posted Date: 02/25/2021
- Duration: 10 Months
- Name:Nirav Soni
- Email: Nirav.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 239
SCOPE OF SERVICES: The Department of Housing Preservation and Development has a need for an experienced Senior Business Analyst for New Lead Initiatives (Intro 919-Investigations of lead-based paint hazards) to act a liaison between program and technology staff to build the following components:
- Property registration form updates
- Lead Testing Tracking
- Notification Letters
- Record Production Order document and affidavits.
- Record Production Order information collection
- New violation issuance
The candidate will execute the following tasks:
- Document and analyze current state business processes and activities in line with business analysis best practices.
- Determine needs and clearly articulate them as simple use cases and acceptance criteria for features and enhancements.
- Drive the requirements gathering process and coordination across multiple user groups and development teams to ensure solution provided matches business needs.
- Document business objectives learned from requirement sessions.
- Ensure adherence to business objectives learned from such sessions.
- Benchmark program’s productivity. Translate data insights into a story that is both compelling and actionable to impact process and business improvement.
- Design future state business process to drive engagement, efficiency, effectiveness, and business value.
- Develop a strong program relationship by building trust, rapport, and positive working relationships with program team members
- 4+ years of experience in business analysis, operations analysis, and/or process design
- 2+ years of management consulting experience as a business analyst or in a similar role
- Awareness of Agile software development and deployment practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly being able to discuss business needs to both technical and non-technical staff
- Independent thinking and decision-making skills
- Capable of managing multiple tasks in a fast paced, high volume environment and the ability to adapt plans to unexpected changes
- Excellent people skills and the ability to provide leadership in a collaborative, team driven approach
DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: -
- A high degree of comfort with ambiguity
- A fast learner
- An end-to-end thinker
- Experience collaborating on a strategic delivery team
- Experience working on projects in the public sector and/or related to public assistance programs
- Advanced degree in a relevant field is strongly preferred (e.g. Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy, Computer Science, Information Systems, Urban Planning, Law, etc.)