- Title: Sr Associate Scientist
- Code: RCI-8281
- Location: Thousand Oaks California (CA) 91320
- Posted Date: 02/25/2021
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Mittal Mandavia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 245
Individual should be able to perform moderately complex to complex laboratory activities under minimal supervision. The candidate should be experienced in the use of analytical tools used for pharmaceutical analysis, such as HPLC, GC, IR, KF and Dissolution testing. This work will be supporting process development for both Drug Substance and Drug Product. Working experience in a cGMP environment would be beneficial. The candidate should be familiar with chromatography data system such as Empower software.
We are looking for a person with an innate scientific curiosity and keen observation skills, knowing when to seek input and when to make independent judgments, being able to shift priorities quickly.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related fields 1-3 YOE (Working experience outside of academia preferred) any industry pharma or biotech preferred!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of laboratory instruments, such as HPLC, GC, Dissolution Testing, Karl Fischer, UV-Vis and related software.
- Communicate effectively and follow detailed written and verbal instruction/methods/protocols.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook and complete all documentation with clear and accurate language and according to the SOP.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with others in the team.
- Manage time effectively to complete assignments in expected time frame.
Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
- Method development experience with HPLC.
- Able to independently run GC and KF.
- Pharma or biotech experience pref
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Developing HPLC methods for component/reaction mixtures. Running formal sample analysis. Proper documentation of activities in electronic notebook.