- Title: Histologist
- Code: RCI-11827881
- Location: Cambridge Massachusetts (MA) 02139
- Posted Date: 02/26/2021
- Duration: 18 Months
- Name:Mittal Mandavia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 245
The Respiratory Disease Area in NIBRI is looking for an experienced histologist to perform tissue-based analysis in support of discovery and validation of disease relevant respiratory targets and pathways.
- Sample receipt, logging and gross-dissection
- Performsing standard histology procedures including tissue processing, embedding, sectioning, staining and image capture of fresh, frozen and paraffin-embedded tissues and cell lines
- Performsing immuno histochemical assays using various modalities including engineered antibodies, antibody mimetics and nucleic acids.
- Processes slides for scanning using a Leica AT2 platform
- Performs image analysis and processing using Indica Lab HALO software
- Generates data using Prism Graph Pad
- The candidate is expected to pro-actively interact with project teams prepare reports and present their results
- Demonstrated expertise in cell- and tissue-based assays including histology, in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, fluorescence applications and microscopy.
- Expertise in standard histological techniques
- Experience with automated equipment is desirable.
- Knowledge of microscopy, image analysis and processing is expected.
- Thorough computer literacy (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) are required.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is required
- Project/Task oriented with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. degree in molecular biology, clinical pathology or related fields and at least 5+ years of professional experience