The position is in either the Greensburg Pennsylvania Cabin Hill Building, the Pottsville Pike Building in Reading, Pennsylvania or the WAC in Akron, Ohio.
Regulated Commodity Sourcing is an innovative team that manages regulated power supply and renewable energy credits, and creates value added tools and products for the benefit of our customers and shareholders while supporting and enriching our communities.
- Conducting in-depth strategic research and analyzing data ; interpreting results; providing
- Actively seeking ways to build challenge and add value within scope of assignments
- Adhering to all risk policy and control requirements, all state and federal code-of conduct standards, and all Standard of Conduct and Code of Conduct policies
- Managing renewable activity including development of position tracking reports, performing or supporting the associated billing and invoicing processes for FEU, and tracking and retiring
- Maintaining a safe workplace for coworkers and the community based upon knowledge of renewable energy, rate recovery and other regulatory proceedings on behalf of RCS
- Completing in a timely and accurate manner, the FEU Renewable Energy compliance process and data (PURPA) contracts in West Virginia and Maryland for the benefit of customers
- Performing required updates to the FEU Utility Power and Renewable Procurement web sites
- Renewable Energy Credit (REC) transactions, consistent with state renewable portfolio standard requirements solutions
- Developing, reviewing and analyzing wholesale budget and financial forecasting data for FEU, and comparison of deviations between forecasted and actual data
- Developing the Locational Marginal Price (LMP) and territorial load forecasts for Utilities (FEU) using Nostradamus (an artificial neural network) forecasting tool, and performing
- Leading projects in RCS that create value added tools and products
- Nostradamus model maintenance and improvements
- Supporting on-time completion of FEU procurement activities in accordance with the respective solicitation calendars, including tracking and documentation
- Contract management, analysis and change agent for Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act
- Support for regulatory witnesses on behalf of RCS with ability to research and analyze positions and provide draft written responses
- Responding to data requests from internal and external parties for various default service,
- Creating, maintaining and populating various databases required for RCS business processes potential hazards and industry regulations/requirements
- Providing a high level of customer service, continuous support, and proactive involvement to leadership and peers
- Active in development of department policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering or related discipline required. Advanced degree is a plus (MBA, Statistics, Analytics, Economics.)
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience.
- Relevant work experience will include load forecasting, credit procurements, contract management or data analytics.