- Title: Data Engineer
- Code: RCI-12993-1
- Location: Newark New Jersey (NJ) 07101
- Posted Date: 03/09/2021
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Nirav Soni
- Email: Nirav.email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 239
SENIOR TECHNOLOGY ENGINEER – DATA ENGINEER
The Senior Technology Engineer is a direct report to the Technology Group Product Manager with understanding of business goals, business processes, technology expertise in one or more domains, technology solution design and implementation. This position is specific to Clean Energy Future (CEF) Products such as Energy Efficiency, Electric Vehicles, and focuses on Data Analytics needed for the products.
Primary Responsibilities are:
- Evaluate requirements and develop data models for reporting, real-time, predictive and prescriptive use cases.
- Develop and maintain analytic data structures for customer, customer participation and customer usage.
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
In addition to the requirements below, we are looking for an experienced data engineer with:
- 6 or more year of previous experience as a data engineer or similar
- At least 6 years of experience developing and maintaining high performance data solutions on cloud environments.
- prior expertise in product design, configuration, development, testing, and deployment of analytic solutions
- An expert data modeler, have hands on experience working with AWS relational and non-relational database technologies, ETL tools, and familiarity with utility CRM, billing and accounting platforms.
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Java and Python)
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Data engineering certification (AWS Data Analytics, DASCA, SAS)
- Proficient with RESTful API architecture
- Knowledgeable of version control systems, such as Git
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information/Computer Security, Computer or Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline i.e. STEM
- 6-8 years of professional technology solution engineering
- Demonstrated good leadership capabilities through technology solution ownership and adoption, projects or other work experiences.
- Good track record of translating business outcomes, business requirements and technical requirements into technical designs for new technology solutions or enhancements to existing technology solutions, while following architectural standards and organizational policies
- Good track record of implementing technology solutions using structured methodologies such as agile (SCRUM, Kanban etc.) and waterfall.
- Graduate degree or MBA
- Experience with public cloud providers
- Experience implementing off the shelf products
- Experience with mission critical technology solutions
- Understanding financial principles as they apply to technology investments such as cost to achieve, cost to operate, depreciation, maintenance etc.