- Title: Cloud Security Engineer
- Code: RCI-6827/6923
- Location: Boca Raton Florida (FL) 33487
- Posted Date: 03/09/2021
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Nirav Soni
- Email: Nirav.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 239
Cloud Security Engineer
What you will do
The Cloud Security Engineer is part of the Product Cloud Security department within the CISO organization. The role is responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of innovative security architectures for protecting systems and data deployed into different types of cloud and / or cloud/hybrid systems. This position takes responsibility for maintaining and implementing the security solutions to protect the various cloud infrastructures.
The successful candidate possesses the good interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with other stakeholders across the business as well as the technical knowledge to develop, deliver and maintain security solutions.
How you will do it
- Design, implement and run security solutions to detect security incidents; vulnerabilities and misconfigurations at the various layers of the cloud infrastructure (virtual machines; containers; network, cloud environment)
- Drive forward our existing cloud security stack & security automation stack - including maintenance of existing environment, developing new solutions architectures and implementing them to improve our capabilities
- Maintain a constant contact with the vendors to identify best practices and escalate potential configuration issues
- Research & develop proof of concepts on new security technologies relevant to the department. Run and/or participate in RFPs for security technology selection
What we look for
- 3 years working experience in a large organization, being responsible for implementation and maintenance of IT Security technologies impacting multiple stakeholders
- Experience with the major cloud providers (Azure, Google, Amazon)
- Experience with a broad array of security technologies, such as EDR, container security, vulnerability assessment, secure configuration and firewall.
- Working experience with Linux system security.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes generally and Kubernetes security specifically
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins)
- Effective communication skills to interface with both internal and external teams on complex issues
- Self-starter mentality that defaults to action and thinks creatively on how to overcome challenges
- Engineering mindset to develop & troubleshoot issues with an empirical & methodical approach