Actual Job Title: Research Associate
Duration: 6 Months
Typical Work Hours: Mon-Thur 8am-5pm
Weekend/OT: Frequent work required on Sundays during COVID capacity restrictions (some flexibility to set 40hr schedule)
Mix of onsite and remote work
- Client is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than
- 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- The Research Associate will join our viral vector process development group supporting process development, production and characterization of viral vectors, which are key intermediates in the
- CAR-T drug product. The candidate will run cell-based assays using
- Jurkat cells as a surrogate method to vector infectivity. Additionally, this candidate will provide process development support to current programs and advance our capabilities in vector production.
- Hands-on experimental work in running a Jurkat cell-based assay.
- Method includes culturing cells, staining, and flow cytometry for quantification
- Hands-on experimental work in the development and optimization of upstream (cell culture and transfection conditions) and downstream
- (Clarification, tangential flow filtration, chromatography) unit operations for viral vector production
- Support the process development program for next-generation viral vector manufacturing platforms
- Assist in the planning and design of experiments, execution and independent analysis of data
- Summarize and present scientific data, communicate progress to project teams
- Maintain proper documentation of experimental results.
- Support process transfer, development and manufacturing at external CMOs
- BS. in Engineering, Virology, Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline
- 0-2 years of industry experience in process development
- Independently motivated with the ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, problem-solve, and work in teams
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely through oral presentation and technical writing
- Experience in mammalian cell culture, transfection, harvest and purification of biological products
- Experience in downstream process development using equipment such as the AKTA Avant
- Working knowledge of chromatography, UF/DF, and normal flow filtration operations
- Hands-on purification experience with lentivirus and ability to cross train and support upstream operations
- Experience with general analytical protocols (e.g. ELISA, qPCR, flow cytometry, etc.) and ability to operate associated analytical equipment and interpret results
- Process transfer and cGMP manufacturing experience