Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8 AM - 4:30 PM) -- candidate will be working onsite
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must have a technical background.
- College degree not required, but preferred.
- Must have aptitude to learn technical processes.
- Must be able to work independently.
- The Chemical Plant R&D Technician will provide testing of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products, in a safe manner, for the Client within the scope of the ISO 9001 procedures for Chemometric models on NIR instruments and standardize solutions according to documented procedures and complete required records.
- Experience supporting method development projects using HPLC Chromatography, NIR Spectroscopy, and automated titration equipment.
- Prepare standards and solutions needed to maintain calibration of instruments.
- Assist analytical chemists with analysis of samples and method development as needed.
- Ability to prioritizing and managing sample testing for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage the accumulation labeling, inspection and storage of hazardous waste generated in the Laboratory.
- Performs variety of chemical and physical laboratory tests, both standard and non-standard in nature, to obtain information necessary for the development NIR calibrations.
- Works independently and with team members supporting development projects and other tasks as assigned, reporting atypical sample or equipment behavior to supervisor.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs as a part of routine work in the lab.
- Participate in laboratory housekeeping, safety inspections, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Additional duties which a R&D Technician may carry out include routine chemical reactions or bench-scale tests of plant processes; sample collection in the plant; environmental monitoring; or plant analytical instrumentation maintenance/calibration.
- Assist with lab supply management including restocking lab supplies
- Utilizing analytical equipment and data collection software programs.
- Analyze, interpret SPC charts
- Enter in-process data in LIMS.
- Evaluating raw material COAs versus approved specifications to authorize material into plant using SAP.
- Assist with writing or revising work instructions.
- Optimize existing procedures
- Manage archival of Quality Documents
- Trainer for testing, data entry and processing paperwork.
- Participate and make recommendations in safety meetings.
- Maintaining housekeeping.
- Preparation / labeling of samples for shipment.
- Ensure compliance with all assigned training.
- Perform assigned duties as outlined by supervisor, management or designee.
- High School Diploma/GED with 10 years’ experience in a lab environment or Associates degree in Sciences or 2 year Technical degree in Analytical Testing with 3 years’ experience in a lab environment
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience working in a R&D lab environment supporting manufacturing demonstrating skills outlined in principle responsibilities section, preferable in positions of increasing responsibility.