- Title: Clinical Data Research Associate
- Code: RCI-17160
- Location: Gaithersburg Maryland (MD) 20878
- Posted Date: 04/07/2021
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Mittal Mandavia
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 245
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
This position within Cell Culture and Fermentation Sciences will involve substantial amount of hands on cell culture work to develop, scale up, and characterize mammalian culture processes. The candidate will be expected to execute experiments on a routine basis to develop and characterize the upstream cell culture processes and be familiar with the basics of DOE including screening and optimization designs. Below find the main responsibilities associated with the job:
- Maintaining mammalian cell cultures in shake flasks.
- Scheduling and detailed advanced planning of runs including coordination with support groups.
- Performance of bioreactor runs using perfusion (TFF or ATF) technology.
- Sample preparation, submission, and results collection for product quality testing.
- Performance of analytical tests using various analytical instruments to characterize mammalian cell culture. Maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Medium/feed optimization.
- Perform experiments to understand impact of cell culture process parameters on cell growth, productivity, product quality, and scale-up.
- A team player and strong communicator who can coordinate numerous activities of experimental planning and execution with other associates/scientists.
- Makes detailed observations, analyses data, and interprets results. Utilizes scientific method to assess data and make decisions for best path-forward.
- Leads/participates in various cross functional technology development teams.
- Authors and contributes to reports. Maintains complete data files and lab notebook.
- Effectively presents results at internal meetings.
- BS/MS in Chemical/Biochemical/Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, or Biological Sciences.
- Relevant experience of 0-2 years with a Bachelor’s degree for RAI position, 0-2 years with a Master’s degree or 2-5 years with a Bachelor’s degree for RAII position.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills including proven technical writing skills are required.
- Position requires occasional to frequent weekend work.
- Strong background in experimental design, data collection, and data analysis skills are essential.
- Experience with bioprocessing/scale-up, bioreactor characterization (mixing, mass transfer), or perfusion development (ATF, TFF), Experience running experiments using DOE principle, Experience with mammalian cell culture, Experience with aseptic techniques.