- Chemistry lab technicians assist chemists in their lab work.
- As time progresses, lab technicians are completing a greater number of tasks that previously would have been performed by highly trained chemists.
- Technicians are responsible for monitoring chemical processes and testing products as part of quality assurance.
- Under the supervision of chemists and other team members, they perform repetitive lab activities, such as setting up lab equipment and preparing chemical solutions.
- They also conduct tests, interpret and analyze data, compile results, prepare reports, and present their conclusions.