- Title: Tax Accountant
- Code: RCI-13166-1
- Location: Newark New Jersey (NJ) 07101
- Posted Date: 06/22/2021
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Steve Macwan
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖
Senior Tax Accountant (Remote but must be commutable to Newark when the re-entry begins)
The primary purpose of this position is to prepare the monthly, quarterly, and annual tax provision, ASC 740 (FAS 109 and FIN 48) work papers. This includes preparing analytics, disclosures, roll-forwards, and other related calculations. This position will also maintain and reconcile income tax accounts.
• Primary responsibilities include the preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual tax provision, ASC 740 (FAS 109 and FIN 48) work papers, analytics, disclosures, roll-forwards, and other related calculations.
• Maintain reconciliations of income tax accounts.
• Assist in researching tax, financial, and regulatory tax related issues.
• Ensure compliance with SOX controls.
• The successful candidate must have a strong desire for career growth advancement and in building a strong foundation for business development.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent
• Five years tax experience in corporate or public accounting environment
• General knowledge of GAAP Accounting Standards as they pertain to Income Taxes (ASC740)
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Webex, etc.
• Strong professional presence and credibility
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity.
• Certified Public Accountant
• MS in Taxation
• Regulated experience is a plus
• Knowledge of PowerPlan Provision is a plus
• Ability to build & maintain relationships
• Not preparing tax returns, this is just tax accounting for domestic operations
• Assist with SEC filings, prepare accounting reconciliation
• Assist in tax research at times—not major
• FIN48—a must
• Exp with WebEx and/or zoom- helpful
• Excel experience with the basics(managing data spreadsheets and basic formulas)
• Familiarity with SAP is plus