- Title: Clinical Pharmacist
- Code: RCI-8005-1
- Location: Pennington New Jersey (NJ) 08534
- Posted Date: 06/22/2021
- Duration: 6 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Steve Macwan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖
This position serves as an internal and outward-facing, dedicated clinical resource responsible for quality measures supporting the pharmacy department in identifying Star/HEDIS measure needs and expectations and developing and managing initiatives to achieve 5 stars. The position has oversight responsibilities driven by metrics to manage vendors, retail pharmacy, prime, Magellan and health systems to deliver outcomes as outlined in different programs as well as reporting to internal stakeholders
• Clinical pharmacist will be responsible for managing outreach efforts and pull-through for Star/HEDIS clinical programs. Coordinate between the pharmacy department, health systems, and Magellan. Clinical pharmacist will be responsible for driving results to obtain 5-Stars for Medicare Part D Star clinical programs including Adherence (DM, RAS, Statins), SUPD, and CMRs for MTM.
• Oversee the daily clinical activities related to Star/HEDIS measure goals for various health systems. Ensure clinical goals and objectives are met.
• Identify problems related to Star/HEDIS measures that require a clinical solution, implement and monitor clinical pharmacy solutions in support of the company's Star/HEDIS goals to save money and improve care. Major responsibility is to serve as a clinical liaison between the company pharmacy department and health systems, assisting with managing the overall relationships and driving adoption of recommended clinical solutions.
• Develop, review and monitor clinical programs, therapeutic initiatives, pathways of care and other drug use policies and practices in support of Star/HEDIS initiatives. Works closely with the pharmacy department managers, vendors, and health systems to ensure execution of programs.
• Maintain continuity among health systems by communicating and documenting program design and execution in accordance with pharmacy department expectations. Track, analyze and report on patient interventions, interactions and findings of disease management activities..
• With the support of the client data team, develop and track the appropriate metrics to monitor the quality, care, and cost impact of the Star/HEDIS program and monitor overall healthcare trends within the Medicare populations.
• Conduct member, provider, and pharmacy outreach/interventions and Comprehensive Medication Reviews as needed to achieve Stars goals.
• The position requires communication across all departments; an understanding of the strategic impact of the programs; and extensive knowledge of how the Star/HEDIS programs integrate with other clinical initiatives.
• Understand the financial impact of all clinical recommendations: Programs must address the impact on customers, operations, program integrity, pricing, quality and satisfaction.
• Prefers up to one to two years of experience in managed care.
• Requires retail or other pharmacy experience.
• Requires an active Registered Pharmacist license in New Jersey.• BA/BS in Pharmacy or PharmD
• Field's of study: Pharmacy
• Experience: 2-5years
• Experience: Health plan or Medicare clinical customer service or Retail management position . Project management experience and knowledge of health plans or Medicare industry. CMS Star/HEDIS measure quality improvement metrics.
• Industry: Healthcare; preferably with retail or health insurance provider.
• Knowledge: CMS Star/HEDIS measures.
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, access, excel, project management, PowerPoint