- Title: IT Business Analyst
- Code: RCI-7018
- Location: Syracuse New York (NY) 13202
- Posted Date: 06/22/2021
- Duration: 12 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Anish Patel
- Email: Anish.Patel@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 208
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Gather, analyze, document and manage business and user requirements (both functional and non-functional)
- Identify potential solutions for the business and provide input to issues or risks (through solid knowledge of the business and user requirements).
- Identify project interdependencies and communicate requirement/scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution.
- Lead other business analysts and other resources related business analysts’ functions and / or deliverables.
- Demonstrate clear capability to document the current vs future process flows.
- Conduct full analytics collaboratively to identify and provide solutions for gaps and abnormal work flows.
- Create business and functional specifications for large, complex system implementations
- Complete all support documentation on assigned projects, including creating and updating all user and technical procedures/manuals, business, and functional requirements, traceability matrices, process flows, operational support documentation and archival of all related project documentation.
- Develops the testing strategy and plans thorough requirements testing for user acceptance.
- Lead User Acceptance/End-to-end testing to execute, and track deviations found, facilitate non-technical work around sessions for remediation and document testing progress.
- Define and monitor all implementation tasks such as the production check-out process, including review of reports, data files and online screens to ensure technical solutions perform according to the specifications and meet defined business requirements
- Performs additional duties as required.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Expert level analysis skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
- Expert level understanding of business functional areas and management issues as well as the IT organizations systems and capabilities.
- Ability to influence and build relationships and demonstrate team leadership skills
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use the appropriate modeling methodologies and toolsets, requirements management methodologies and toolsets, requirements visualization methods and toolsets, and artifact versioning tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record with planning, estimating and organizing effort for the WBS.
- Extensive experience in MSOffice, Visio
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or similar discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience as a Lead Business Analyst role
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in business and functional requirements elicitation, translation and documentation.
- 10+ years’ experience in facilitating design and use case discussions
- 10+ years’ experience in a Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) environment
- Experience in working in the Utility (Gas/Electric) domain with in a project setting.
- Functional knowledge of Meter to Cash life cycle (Meter, Billing, Service Orders, Finance, Retail Access) a plus
- Working toward relevant industry certification (e.g., CEng, CITP, TOGAF, IIBA, ISEB diploma) desirable but not essential as part of career progression.