- Title: Medical Technologist - Int
- Code: RCI-12024684
- Location: Indianapolis Indiana (IN) 46227
- Posted Date: 06/22/2021
- Duration: 5 Months
- Name:Ankit Shah
- Email: Ankit.Shah@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 210
Mon - Fri 1pm-5pm
20 hours a week
This position is for part time at a cancer center lab (willing to post for full time as well). Lab performs manual differentials and basic chemistry. Lab receives no more than 100 samples a day. no weekends or holidays.
1. Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result;
2. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
3. Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see department SOPs).
4. Review and release test results.
5. Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines.
6. Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed;
7. Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
8. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
9. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
10. Follow department's procedure in reporting STATS or Critical results to clients.
11. If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab personnel.
12. Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
13. Maintain general appearance of the department.
14. Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and if applicable opened dates. 15. Review/train on new procedures.
16. Attend monthly department and any additional training/educational meetings.
17. Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
18. If needed, participate in government or regulatory agency inspections.
19. Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required Knowledge: A solid understanding of basic laboratory testing is required for this position. The successful candidate must possess good computer skills and be able to adapt to working in multiple computer systems. Must have knowledge of QC and QA as well as knowledge of all areas of the laboratory.
BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990. Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript. A successful candidate should possess or be eligible for national certification as an MT / MLT from a recognized organization (ASCP or AMT).
1 year Clinical experience (high complexity testing) preferred. Minimum of 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in highly complex testing for those with BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology. National and State licensure as required.
1. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously.
2. Must interact with other departments.
3. Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills are important.
4. Must protect patient confidentiality at all times