- Title: QSP Research Scientist
- Code: RCI-40406-1
- Location: Lawrenceville New Jersey (NJ) 08648
- Posted Date: 07/27/2021
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
The scientist in this role will work in the Quantitative Systems Pharmacology & Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetics Methods (QSP & PBPK Methods) group to help apply mechanistic models to support decisions in clinical development. The scientist in this role will be responsible for algorithm and tool development, benchmarking, as well as assisting disease area modeling scientists calibrate and apply their models. The goals for algorithm and tool development will include improvements to scripted QSP toolboxes through continued development of virtual population calibration algorithms, global sensitivity analysis tools, and additional functions for common workflows to make their application more robust. The scientist may also work on parameter estimation, machine learning, omics data analysis strategies, development of mechanistic sub-models, and improving efficiency with high-throughput computing resources as needed (clusters with >1000 compute cores).
- Improvement of QSP algorithms and tools.
- Working with external collaborators to accelerate the internal QSP efforts.
- Participate in internal scientific discussions to enhance QSP models, algorithms, and workflows.
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary project teams to develop and apply QSP models to aid in target prioritization, therapeutic modality selection, chemical/biotherapeutic optimization, biomarker characterization and clinical trial design.
- Support the development and application of QSP disease models across therapeutic areas.
- Maintaining an active relationship with colleagues in the broader Clinical Pharmacology & Pharmacometrics community at CLIENT.
- Networking as appropriate with experts in Discovery Biology, Translational Medicine, Non-Clinical PK/PD and other groups to share learnings and enhance consistency in best practices.
Preferred background, skills and experience:
- Ph.D. (or M.S. with 5+ more years’ experience) in mathematics, engineering, physics, computer science or other related field.
- Previous industry experience in QSP or a closely related field is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of theory, principles and statistical aspects of advanced mathematical modeling and simulation.
- Ability to learn new areas of biological sciences and build on solid foundation of quantitative skills to develop QSP models.
- Ability to keep up-to-date with and propose the implementation of scientific and technological developments in the area of QSP, PBPK, and systems biology.
- Hands-on experience with modeling software like MATLAB/SimBiology, JDesigner/Systems Biology Workbench, Entelos PhysioLab Platform, DBSolve, etc.
- Experience with the development of large mechanistic models in SimBiology is preferable.
- Experience with scientific programming and data analysis tools/languages such as MATLAB, R, Python, etc… is required.
- Experience developing scripted tools in MATLAB, debugging, and working with version-controlled packages is preferable.
- Experience working with omics and related high-dimensional datasets as well as understanding of common normalization and hypothesis testing strategies is preferable.
- Desire to interact as a modeling and simulation expert with matrix project teams working closely with experts from different functional areas (pre-clinical and clinical).
- Candidates with experience in QSP platform application and virtual population development are highly encouraged to apply