- Title: Phlebotomist II
- Code: RCI-12114779
- Location: Asheville North Carolina (NC) 28806
- Posted Date: 07/27/2021
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Ankit Shah
- Email: Ankit.Shah@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 210
Mon - Fri 8:15am-4:45pm
The Patient Services Representative II (PSR II) represents the face of our company to patients who come in, both as part of their health routine or for insights into life-defining health decisions. The PSR II draws quality blood samples from patients and prepares those specimens for lab testing while following established practices and procedures. The PSR II has direct contact with patients and creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence while explaining procedures to patients and drawing blood specimens in a skillful, safe and accurate manner. The PSR II will demonstrate Leadership Behaviors while focusing on process excellence skills and sensitivity to confidentiality and accuracy to patient information. Successful applicants may be assigned to a doctor's office, a patient service center or as business needs dictate.
Under the direction of the area supervisor, perform daily activities accurately and on time. Maintain a safe and professional environment. Performs with confidence, both the forensic and clinical specimen collection and processing duties following established practices and procedures. Perform verification of patient demographic info / initials including patient signature post-venipuncture to verify tubes were labeled in their presence and that the name on the label is correct. Maintains required records and documentation. Demonstrates organizational commitment and promotes a positive image to patients, clients, employees and the public in general.
- Ability to provide quality, error free work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal on-site supervision.
- Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and geriatric
- . Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
- Committed to all Policies & Procedures including Company dress code, Employee Health & Safety, and Everyday Excellence Guiding Principles.
- Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise good judgment.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license, and clean driving record, if applicable.
- Travel and flexible hours required to work multiple locations and required to cover at Patient Service Center/In-Office Phlebotomy locations with minimal notice.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high-volume setting
- Must demonstrate Superior Customer Focus; ability to communicate openly and transparently with peers, supervisors and patients; ability to accelerate and embrace change; and knowledge of our business.
- Training locations may vary based on trainer availability.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training preferred.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California, Nevada, and Washington.
- Three years phlebotomy experience required, inclusive of pediatric, geriatric and capillary collections
- . Minimum 2 years in a Patient Service Center environment preferred.
- Customer service in a retail or service environment preferred.
- Keyboard/data entry experience.