- Title: Histotechnician
- Code: RCI-10532
- Location: Foster City, CA 94404
- Posted Date: 09/16/2021
- Duration: 18 Months
- Name:Rohit Sughani
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 293
This is a 100% onsite Lab Role in Foster City, CA
Title : Histotechnician
Essential Duties and Job Functions :
- This position will process (embed), section, and prepare slides of animal and human tissue samples for microscopic evaluation by scientists.
- May also perform staining of prepared slides using histological and histochemical stains to emphasize specific tissue elements.
- Will maintain required documentation of all procedures and laboratory equipment and identify any problems or deviations from Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
Knowledge, Experience and Skills :
- Enjoys working in a team.
- Carefully follows scientific protocols and applies meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires Associate's (A.A.) degree or higher in an area of biological science, ideally specializing in anatomy-related medical science.
- HT/HTL certification by American Society of Clinical Pathologist (ASCP) is desired along with 2+ years related experience and/or training.
- Equivalent combination of education/experience will be considered.
Specific Responsibilities and skills for Position :
- Techniques in cryosectioning fresh frozen tissues and microtomy for FFPE tissues for Immunohistochemistry (IHC) is absolutely required.